CPU
i7-3970X
Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey, so I am trying to install MacOS on my PC.
(Asus Rampage Formula IV, i7-3970X, GTX 970,16gb Corsair RAM, Samsung SSD PRO 128gb).
I followed the basic guide and this. After changing the bios settings and applying the boot flags, I ran into "prohibited sign error" with the message "Still waiting for root device".
After some research I tried all my USB 2.0 Ports, 2 different USB sticks and I moved a USBInjectAll kext into efi/clover/kexts/other. Because I am not sure if I am just incompetent or my system isnt right, I wanted to ask for help.
Also it looks a bit like a graphics issue, but I dont know...

IMG_1189.jpeg

I am also stuck here when installing i have a working sierra but not able to upgrade to high sierra and not able to clean install high sierra.

Every time i try to install i got
Prohibited Sign

I managed to get it work by just installing Sierra with clover, installing all drivers and then updating to high sierra.
Did not have the prohibited sign with Sierra. Seems to be a problem with High Sierra I would say.
Only advice I have is to make sure you do have all drivers installed before updating :/

I also managed to get it worked by first installing the Sierra and then updating it to High Sierra. It worked but Than I got some problem like sound not working ethernet not working and also the graphics but I do little research and then it fully working now.

By the way thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back