Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Rog Maximus VII Formula
CPU
Intel Core i7 4790k
Graphics
AMD Radeon R7 370 Series
I just tried installation on my new Build i5 9400, Asus Prime B365M-A, Corsair Ram 16Gb 3000mhz. It got stuck at Compatibly check.
I already installed same Hackintosh with Asus Maximum vii Formula i7 4790k, everything works fine.
But this new build have some issues, that I can't figure it out!!

I tried different BIOS setting and other bootloader Boot Arg Entries.

1. -- With Default Bootloader setting I got Prohibited logo on Compatible check, ( photo attached)
2. --- second I did -no_compat_check entry in Boot_Arg. Then I got apple boot loading logo to half then got prohibited logo. (Photo attached)

Maybe The USB 3.0 port. Because this new B365 Motherboard doesn't have 2.0 port.

I am stuck here form last two days. Getting sick of this.

Attachments

• 20190808_002147.jpg
    20190808_002147.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 89
  • 20190808_003819.jpg
    20190808_003819.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 88
Search for "still waiting for root device".

Attachments

• Still.png
    Still.png
    299.8 KB · Views: 95
What is the solution of this "Still waiting for root device"

Search for "still waiting for root device".
Thanks for your reply. I understand.
I am installing With USB 3.0 maybe that is the problem, but I am getting same problem with USB 2.0

But This Motherboard doesn't have USB 2.0 port (not on I/o ports not even on Cpu Case)

How to solve this problem.

Any USB 3.0 to 2.0 adapter or Cable will it work?

Or what about connecting USB 2.0 ports hub to USB 3.0 port will it work?
Wich one will work. Which should I buy?

At Clover Boot Screen select Options > PCI devices > USB Ownership and USB Injection.
May require USBInjectAll.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/.
May require XHCI-unsupported.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/. (Click Download repository).
May require a USB Port Limit patch.

I did that USBInjectAll.kext, XHCI-unsuppported. And Bootloader Option USB injection and ownership.
Don't understand about "Download repository" and "USB Port limit patch."

Then I didn't get "Still waiting for root device"

But in installation, it was just 2 minutes remaining in installation Process then System (CPU) got restart itself and installation didn't not finish.

What to do now?

At Clover Boot Screen select Options > PCI devices > USB Ownership and USB Injection.
May require USBInjectAll.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/.
May require XHCI-unsupported.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/. (Click Download repository).
May require a USB Port Limit patch.
Brother please help in next step. I got error at installation 2 minutes remaining CPU rebooted itself. Installation don't complete. Then smart from beginning. What to do now?

Brother please help in next step. I got error at installation 2 minutes remaining CPU rebooted itself. Installation don't complete. Then smart from beginning. What to do now?

During Mojave's installation you can see the "2 minutes remaining" screen two times; once during the first stage, soon after you begin Install macOS on the Erased hard disk targeted for Mojave, and the second time during the final reboot of a near successful installation.
The first stage
often starts with "11 or 10 minutes remaining" and soon changes to 7-6 minutes remaining and finally at 2 minutes remaining will suddenly reboot and enter Clover Boot Manager (CBM) Screen. This sudden reboot at 2 minutes remaining is normal. At CBM screen make sure you DON'T select the macOSMojave USB installer disk , but select the target Hard disk to start the second stage of the multi-reboot installation. This is not easy for those who don't hide Preboot in EFI/CLOVER/config.plist_Gui_Hide Volume because of multiple icons created by APFS Formatting scheme during Hard disk Erase from Disk Utility cluttering the CBM screen. Obviously the way to make things less confusing is to add "Preboot" to Hide Volume in config.plist_Gui_Hide Volume

The disk can boot in most cases another two more times until you see a Recovery Disk added to the disc icons in the CBM screen.

Usually, once Recovery disk is seen, that will be the last reboot and this time the disk should pass the verbose screen and apple logo screen to open the Welcome Screen to choose the Country and then should proceed finally to the Desktop.

If you want to familiarize yourself with normal boot sequence images in macOS Mojave installation, you may check one of my macOSMojave successful installations I have posted and hopefully not deleted because of 'too many images" being uploaded.

If the 2 minutes remaining you are experiencing is in the final stage of installation, you may need to edit the EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI for which you need to upload a zipped copy of CLOVER from your USB Installer's hidden EFI partition . You can find the steps from-> #4

Last edited:
During Mojave's installation you can see the "2 minutes remaining" screen two times; once during the first stage, soon after you begin Install macOS on the Erased hard disk targeted for Mojave, and the second time during the final reboot of a near successful installation.
The first stage
often starts with "11 or 10 minutes remaining" and soon changes to 7-6 minutes remaining and finally at 2 minutes remaining will suddenly reboot and enter Clover Boot Manager (CBM) Screen. This sudden reboot at 2 minutes remaining is normal. At CBM screen make sure you DON'T select the macOSMojave USB installer disk , but select the target Hard disk to start the second stage of the multi-reboot installation. This is not easy for those who don't hide Preboot in EFI/CLOVER/config.plist_Gui_Hide Volume because of multiple icons created by APFS Formatting scheme during Hard disk Erase from Disk Utility cluttering the CBM screen. Obviously the way to make things less confusing is to add "Preboot" to Hide Volume in config.plist_Gui_Hide Volume

The disk can boot in most cases another two more times until you see a Recovery Disk added to the disc icons in the CBM screen.

Usually, once Recovery disk is seen, that will be the last reboot and this time the disk should pass the verbose screen and apple logo screen to open the Welcome Screen to choose the Country and then should proceed finally to the Desktop.

If you want to familiarize yourself with normal boot sequence images in macOS Mojave installation, you may check one of my macOSMojave successful installations I have posted and hopefully not deleted because of 'too many images" being uploaded.

If the 2 minutes remaining you are experiencing is in the final stage of installation, you may need to edit the EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI for which you need to upload a zipped copy of CLOVER from your USB Installer's hidden EFI partition . You can find the steps from-> #4
Thanks brothers,
I made successfull install Hackintosh just because of you. Thanks a lot.

but still don't know how to remove "Verbos check(Compatibly check) while Starting Hackintosh and Restarting"
1 first attachment "Starting"
2. Second and third Attachment "Restarting and Shut down"

Attachments

• 20190809_170814.jpg
    20190809_170814.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 67
  • 20190809_170719.jpg
    20190809_170719.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 66
  • 20190809_170814.jpg
    20190809_170814.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 62
  • 20190809_170811.jpg
    20190809_170811.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 65
Thanks brothers,
I made successfull install Hackintosh just because of you. Thanks a lot.

but still don't know how to remove "Verbos check(Compatibly check) while Starting Hackintosh and Restarting"
1 first attachment "Starting"
2. Second and third Attachment "Restarting and Shut down"
To remove unnecessary boot arguments (as an example : if you don't like to see Verbose boot in a perfectly running macOS and want to make Gui boost with Apple logo and progress bar instead) , you need to edit config.plist_Boot SECTION.
You can do that using Plist Editor or more easily with Clover Configurator Global by removing the [√] against the boot Args to be removed in earlier versions like 5.3.0.0 or highlighting and then clicking the (-) Minus sign in current versions. As I have posted earlier CCG is an EFI Mounter and config.plist editor in one tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back