Contribute
Register

[Progress] GA-Z97X-UD7 TH / i7 4790K / 32GB / GTX 770 / 10.9.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Success installing Yosemite (clean install)!!!!!!!

GA-z97x-UD7 TH
Intel i7 3,7GHz 4770
16GB GSkill DDR3 RAM
256GB SSD Samsung Pro
1TB Caviar Black HDD
MSI GTX 760 2GB

Remove all disks (except the system one) all all the Ram modules except one.

Use -x parameter to enter both installer and the first Yosemite run.

If anyone has any problems I can post my BIOS settings.

Attention, I didn't install the board's audio because I have an external one!

Here's my Multibeast file.
View attachment 109680

Cheers!

Hey! I have the same specs like you except for the ram! I managed to install Yosemite everything is working, but im getting radom freezes did you have those? can you help me?

Hey! I have the same specs like you except for the ram! I managed to install Yosemite everything is working, but im getting radom freezes did you have those? can you help me?
Freezes on Haswell systems are common due to the tighter specifications in Intel's Haswell processors and 8/9-series motherboard chipsets. Make sure you have:
  1. Memory make/model # on the Gigabyte motherboard's memory supported list, and
  2. PSU is rated Haswell "ready" or "certified".
Finally, if the above two criteria are satisfied, but the freezes continue, set the GeneratePStates and GenerateCStates to No in the /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist file. But, only make this change if the other two items are compliant with Haswell ratings.

Freezes on Haswell systems are common due to the tighter specifications in Intel's Haswell processors and 8/9-series motherboard chipsets. Make sure you have:
  1. Memory make/model # on the Gigabyte motherboard's memory supported list, and
  2. PSU is rated Haswell "ready" or "certified".
Finally, if the above two criteria are satisfied, but the freezes continue, set the GeneratePStates and GenerateCStates to No in the /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist file. But, only make this change if the other two items are compliant with Haswell ratings.

Hey there thanks for your help.. My PSU is compatible, the ram I just ordered one thats is compatible with the motherboard the exact model and number...So as soon I get them I'm gonna see if that was the problem..And the GeneratePStates and GenerateCStates I don't have those in the org.chameleon.Boot.plist because i didn't activated them in Multibeast..
So I'm thinking that is a RAM problem..Sorry for my english! Thanks for the help! I hope to fix this soon..Any other thoughts??

Just an update on things.

Deleted the Thunderbolt kext and it boots quick now.

Also was able to share a RAID set between OS X 10.10 and Win 8.1.
I bought 2 1Tb Seagate HDD's, plugged them into the SATA Express ports and created the RAID in OS X (Mac OS Extended (Journaled), with mirroring.
While still booted into OS X, I copied from my old PC drives all my Documents, Music, Videos and Downloads to the RAID set.
Booted into Windows I installed the latest version of MacDrive Pro and the RAID set is visible and usable.
So now iTunes(OS X) is pointing to my music collection on the RAID, and MediaMonkey(Windows) is pointing to the same music folder. Life is sweet! :headbang:
I did however needed to create separate downloads folders on the RAID to keep the .dmg and .exe files separated.

Almost all apps work. Adobe CC, FCP 7 & X, MS Office, etc.
The only apps that have a problem are ones that are still incompatible with OS X 10.10.

I'm still planning to add a BD-DVD-RW drive.
I'll post an update to that if I have any issues with it.

Okay,
So the MacDrive wasn't working out on the Windows side of things.
I was getting BSOD's that were related to MacDrive and particularly the MDRAID.sys file was the culprit. So I've bit the bullet and ordered the Highpoint RocketRaid 2720SGL.
When I get it I'm going to probably format it HFS+ and use Paragon on the Windows side of things to access the drive. It should arrive tomorrow and I'll let everyone know how it goes.

I have the same setup, but 16gb ram, and an i5 4790k. Same motherboard, using Yosemite.

I have no audio, have used multibeast so everything else is smooth 'n smarmy, installed the ALC1150 Codec as instructed, but still nothing. Any ideas on what to change/delete?

Try plugging your audio cable into the (Black) audio jack, not the (Green). And see if that works for you.
I had to try all the jacks until I found that the Black (Rear Speakers) jack was the one that worked for me.

Hi Stork,

I have a lot (and I mean a lot) of problems getting my second build to run on OSX 10.10. I tried with clover...no succes! After third reboot I can not boot from clover and look for the Yosemite HDD.
Unibeast gives me a good install where I have good and fast functionality over Yosemite, but after the restart when using multibeast I get KP...I tried already 12 times with different ways of installing...I'm not sure what triggers the KP...I am building this system for my brother in law so there is some pressure involved ;)

my specs:

Z97X UD7 TH
i7 4790K
Crucial Ballistix Sport 2x8gb (BLS2CP8G3D1609DS100CEU)
be quiet! Pure Power L8-CM-630W
Samsung SSD Evo840
Gigabyte GTX970 (did not even get to that part where I can put it in...)

Any help would be great!
Thanks!

I don't use Clover and, thus, can't help you. However, if you follow my advise in Post #62, you'll go a long way to eliminate a hardware problem.

Okay,
So the MacDrive wasn't working out on the Windows side of things.
I was getting BSOD's that were related to MacDrive and particularly the MDRAID.sys file was the culprit. So I've bit the bullet and ordered the Highpoint RocketRaid 2720SGL.
When I get it I'm going to probably format it HFS+ and use Paragon on the Windows side of things to access the drive. It should arrive tomorrow and I'll let everyone know how it goes.

The Highpoint RocketRaid 2720SGL works great. It was $148. on Amazon as of the writing of this update.
http://www.amazon.com/HighPoint-RocketRAID-2720SGL-8-Port-PCIe/dp/B0050SLTPC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1417248240&sr=8-1&keywords=rocketraid

I configured and initialized the RAID using the BIOS utility. Then booted into OS X and formatted it Mac Extended (Journaled). When booted into Windows 8.1 I can see and use the RAID using Paragon HFS+ Free.
All is good with my RAID setup now since it's hardware and not software RAID. Computer boots slower now since it has to post the RAID in the BIOS first before it gets to Chameleon/Chimera bootloader. But not a very big deal.
The 2720 does not have a Mac Management WebGUI download, but I read on another post that the 2721 does have a WebGUI download and it works perfectly for managing the RAID or RAID's if you want to have multiple RAID arrays.
http://hptmac.com/product-Introduction.php?_index=76&view_type=download

One word of advice, do not change the password for the WebGUI. I made this mistake when I was in Windows and when you try to log in again it doesn't accept your new password or even the old one and I was locked out.
Google-ing the problem it seems that everyone had this problem after changing the default password and I was able to find a solution on how to fix and reset it in Windows. I don't know if there's a Mac fix.
So just leave the username as "RAID" and the password as "hpt" and you'll avoid any headaches.

Thanks so much i got my Hackintosh working now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back