Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello MhJeff,

Nice Motherboard, isn't it ?
To have a quick boot (15 seconds) :

delete /System/Library/Extensions/AppleThunderboltNHI.kext

Best regards

It is a great mobo.

Is it okay to go straight to the folder and delete the kext and reboot?
Or should I follow TonyMacx86 instructions and go through Terminal?

Thanks

Just an update on things.

Deleted the Thunderbolt kext and it boots quick now.

Also was able to share a RAID set between OS X 10.10 and Win 8.1.
I bought 2 1Tb Seagate HDD's, plugged them into the SATA Express ports and created the RAID in OS X (Mac OS Extended (Journaled), with mirroring.
While still booted into OS X, I copied from my old PC drives all my Documents, Music, Videos and Downloads to the RAID set.
Booted into Windows I installed the latest version of MacDrive Pro and the RAID set is visible and usable.
So now iTunes(OS X) is pointing to my music collection on the RAID, and MediaMonkey(Windows) is pointing to the same music folder. Life is sweet! :headbang:
I did however needed to create separate downloads folders on the RAID to keep the .dmg and .exe files separated.

Almost all apps work. Adobe CC, FCP 7 & X, MS Office, etc.
The only apps that have a problem are ones that are still incompatible with OS X 10.10.

I'm still planning to add a BD-DVD-RW drive.
I'll post an update to that if I have any issues with it.

I have the same setup, but 16gb ram, and an i5 4790k. Same motherboard, using Yosemite.

I have no audio, have used multibeast so everything else is smooth 'n smarmy, installed the ALC1150 Codec as instructed, but still nothing. Any ideas on what to change/delete?

Success installing Yosemite (clean install)!!!!!!!

GA-z97x-UD7 TH
Intel i7 3,7GHz 4770
16GB GSkill DDR3 RAM
256GB SSD Samsung Pro
1TB Caviar Black HDD
MSI GTX 760 2GB

Remove all disks (except the system one) all all the Ram modules except one.

Use -x parameter to enter both installer and the first Yosemite run.

If anyone has any problems I can post my BIOS settings.

Attention, I didn't install the board's audio because I have an external one!

Here's my Multibeast file.
View attachment 109680

Cheers!
Hey there!, thanks to your information I've been able to install Yosemite perfectly! I have the same specs as you..The only problem that I have is that I get some random freezes and is really annoying. Thats the only problem, if you can help me with that that would be great I don't know what else to do! thanks!

This post has the most people with a similar system to me.
I've installed Yosemite as per this guide, roughly:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-desktop-guides/149123-guide-gigabyte-h-z97n-wifi-using-hd4600-chimera-multibeast-method.html#post925968

With a few tweaks on the drivers specific to my mother board.

However I started getting hung up after I'd finished setting up with Multibeast on: "ATHR: Unknown Locale 21"

Turns out that was my wifi card. Unplugged it and it no longer gets hung up on that, but then hangs on: "missing bluetooth controller transport!"

for quite some time before it hangs for good at this:
"considerRebuildOfPrelinkedKernel prebuild rebuild has expired"

UPDATE:
Fixed the above problem by disabling Vt-d in the BIOS. Starts up nice and quick, but does still show the Missing bluetooth controller issue in verbose mode.
Now I just have to sort out my wifi card.

Hey there!, thanks to your information I've been able to install Yosemite perfectly! I have the same specs as you..The only problem that I have is that I get some random freezes and is really annoying. Thats the only problem, if you can help me with that that would be great I don't know what else to do! thanks!
The first thing to check is your memory...is it listed in the memory support list on the Z97X-UD7 TH Gigabyte web page, Support and Downloads? Next, make sure your PSU is rated Haswell "ready" or "certified" as the Haswell specifications are "tighter" than the previous generation processors and motherboard chipsets. Finally, set your GeneratePStates and GenerateCStates to No in your /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist file.

The first thing to check is your memory...is it listed in the memory support list on the Z97X-UD7 TH Gigabyte web page, Support and Downloads? Next, make sure your PSU is rated Haswell "ready" or "certified" as the Haswell specifications are "tighter" than the previous generation processors and motherboard chipsets. Finally, set your GeneratePStates and GenerateCStates to No in your /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist file.

The psu is certified so no problem there. The ram are the patriot Viper I don't know exactly about the compatibility. And the GeneratePStates are set to NO...I can upload my Multibeast settings..

Attachments

• Juan Yosemite.mb
    5 KB · Views: 153
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back