Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Progress bar stuck at 100% at second part of installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a short update:
No luck with cmn699s suggestions. Recovery mode quits by saying that the recovery server cannot be reached.
I made sure that the drive is format in APFS (remember, fresh installation, no upgrade or separate partitions or whatsoever), and edited the config.plist file
I'll dig around which changes of the CLOVER folder might be required for my hardware and try later/tomorrow (no time for the next 2-3 hours).
  • I did not have much hope Recovery Reinstall would succeed. But that was your only option from that stage of a corrupted installation.
  • Hopefully a new reinstall with a freshly made USB installer will succeed.
  • I have a GA-H85M-DS3H closer to your system that has a successfully installed Mojave.
    • I did not post the installation steps on it
  • but I have posted an illustrated Installation on a GA- H61 HD2 MoBo very similar in steps to the H-85 you can see here; https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/my-successful-mojave-installations.265308/

I posted a thank you and a brief description how I solved the issue; unfortunately the post was reviewd by a moderator and then deleted?
That's a pitty for anyone else in the future who faces the same problem as I did.

So, in short: Mojave is running. I needed to configure the Clover by myself.

I posted a thank you and a brief description how I solved the issue; unfortunately the post was reviewd by a moderator and then deleted?
That's a pitty for anyone else in the future who faces the same problem as I did.

So, in short: Mojave is running. I needed to configure the Clover by myself.
Glad to hear it!

You could post the config.plist from your USB install disk. And if you installed any kexts such as USBInjectAll, XHCI-Unsupported, Lilu, WhateverGreen, etc. you may list them.

Some web links are disallowed, so your post may have been audited for that reason.

Glad to hear it!

You could post the config.plist from your USB install disk. And if you installed any kexts such as USBInjectAll, XHCI-Unsupported, Lilu, WhateverGreen, etc. you may list them.

Some web links are disallowed, so your post may have been audited for that reason.
CaseySJ,
I join you in congratulating Wildsparrow and concur fully with your views about providing the nuts and bolts of his successful installation to the Forum.

Hi,
Attached the config file and a screenshot of the kexts.
WiFi is working with an ASUS N13 dongle.
Sound is also working (at least stereo).
Front USB is not working. And if I plug in my USB stick (the one from the installation), everything gets very laggy and the mouse cursor is jumping around (instead of smoothly following the mouse movement on the desktop).

So, there is still some homework to do ;-)

Attachments

• config.plist
    25.9 KB · Views: 248
  • Bildschirmfoto 2019-02-03 um 07.57.23.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2019-02-03 um 07.57.23.png
    135.1 KB · Views: 303
  • Bildschirmfoto 2019-02-03 um 04.26.03.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2019-02-03 um 04.26.03.png
    125.3 KB · Views: 295
Hi,
Attached the config file and a screenshot of the kexts.
WiFi is working with an ASUS N13 dongle.
Sound is also working (at least stereo).
Front USB is not working. And if I plug in my USB stick (the one from the installation), everything gets very laggy and the mouse cursor is jumping around (instead of smoothly following the mouse movement on the desktop).

So, there is still some homework to do ;-)
Several comments:
  • You should delete the three .dSYM files from /Library/Extensions.
  • You should also delete WhateverName if it's not a .kext
  • Looking through your config.plist, I am amazed by the number of ACPI patches and fixes! Did you find these settings in other threads or other websites? I am not criticizing these settings, but only trying to determine which ones are truly necessary. For example, you have:
    • Patches: Add _SUN property for GIGE, Rename oem _DSM to ZDSM,
    • Fixes: AddDTGP, FixUSB, FixSBUS, FixLAN, FixDisplay, FixHDA, FixDarwin7, FixADP1, FixRegions, DeleteUnused, AddPNLF, FixS3D, FixACST, FixWAK, AddHDMI
    • Tables and SSDT: Drop SSDT CpuPM and Cpu0ist, Generate PStates and CStates, FixMCFG
  • You have an older USB port limit patch that may not work in 10.14.2+. This might explain the USB issues you reported. You should change that to:
    • Name: com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI
    • Find: 83FB0F0F 838F0400 00
    • Replace: 83FB0F90 90909090 90
    • Comment: Remove USB port limit by PMHeart
    • MatchOS: 10.14.x

• I deleted the three dSYM and Whatever in the KEXT folder but you refer to /Library/Extensions. I couldn't find this folder?
  • Yes, some modifications were followed by another website, some from this site. Actually I did the following steps: I checked two or three additional items in the Clover EFI Bootloader at Installation type/customize. Actually I don't remember which were already checked and which I checked additionally, but only two or three (max). Then I added the USB port limit patch, which I just updated based on your recommendation. Afterwards I added the KEXTs as shown in my screenshot above. I then added the ig platform IDs: Haswell Intel HD Graphics 4600 (iGPU):
    • ig-platform-id: 0x0D220003
    • AAPL,ig-platform-id: 0300220D

• In the SMBIOS I selected the iMac 14,2. In BOOT I set dark wake = 8 (MSI mainboard)
  • After that I could load into Mojave and run MultiBeast. I checked the 3 port (5.1) audio, FakeSMC Kext, some additional ones to gain access to hardware monitors. I did not check the items which did not make sense to me/to my hardware. I saved the configuration, if anyone is interested.
I just plugged in my Acer Touchscreen monitor (T232HL) and I'm delighted to see that the touch is working without any further configurations :)

Last edited:
Congratulations! :)

What is the native max resolution of your monitor?
What resolution do you get on Mojave?

"Danke" lot in advance for your feedback :)
-a-

Note: I always thought Uni/Multibeast only supported English language for macOS. Good to know we have options :)

Both questions can be answered with 1920x1080 (FullHD)
OK Thanks :)
I'm using a 4K monitor (over DP) but I'm stuck at 1080p...

There's no way you could test if your setup is also limited to 1080p, right? You don't happen to have a 2K or 4K monitor around (with a DP connector) that you could use for a quick test?

Danke vielmals :)
-a-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back