i5-4570
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,

Just a short introduction: I’m a Microsoft fan with a lot of own-build rigs (since Win 3.1) who wants to see if a Mac would fit better to me after owning an iPhone 8 and an iPad Pro. Building my own PCs I love the idea of an Hackintosh. Looking to buy a new laptop this year I haven’t decided yet if I should go for a MS or Apple based laptop.

But let’s jump into my current problem:
Hardware:
MSI Z87i Gaming AC
INTEL Core i5-4570 with integrated HD 4600 graphics
8GB DDR Ram (2 slots available, in each installed 4 GB)
brand new Crucial BX500 240GB SSD just for Mojave (plugged in first SATA port)
120 GB SSD for Win10pro (currently unplugged)
1000 GB SSD for data (currently unplugged)

As I learned from this site this setup shouldn’t cause troubles to run Mojave on it.

Progress:
I created a bootable USB stick (32GB), recommended settings as described in the installation guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ojave-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.259381/, with the current Mojave 10.14.3 with UniBeat, UEFI boot mode and copied Multibeast to this stick in the root folder (the file Multibeast, not the folder). I checked and adjusted my settings to the recommended mainboard settings.

After some trouble solving (i.e. using a USB port which is directly connected to the mainboard) I could load the installer from clover, format the new hard drive with the recommended settings and start installing Mojave.

First I see the apple logo with a progress bar. It takes quite a long time but it reaches the end while telling me 12 minutes left, 2 minutes left, less than 1 minute left.
The PC reboots and I see the Mojave installation with 4 minutes left, then 2 minutes left and then there is a reboot. The progress bar did not reach the end. See picture attached.

After that I see again the apple logo with a progress bar. This time it reaches 50% within a few seconds, then it gets slower and slower and it reaches 100%. It stays there for hours (I left it in this state during the night). From the installation guide I would expect to see a log in screen to be able to start MultiBeast post installation, but Mojave will just not start. See picture attached.

When rebooting I see in clover several drives: start installation from USB, FileVault prebooter from prebooter, macOS install prebooter from prebooter, boot Mojave, and recovery. I tried all of them without success.

Looking for some advice what I need to change to get Mojave up and running. I looked through the forum but couldn’t find a solution to my problem.

If someone needs more information: just ask and I will provide within minutes :)

Attachments

• B8A1D443-54BC-476D-AD44-2E94171DF2C8.jpeg
    B8A1D443-54BC-476D-AD44-2E94171DF2C8.jpeg
    8.9 MB · Views: 839
  • 1AF38A16-6F7E-45CE-BAFB-6C847BD42405.jpeg
    1AF38A16-6F7E-45CE-BAFB-6C847BD42405.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 522
If you enable "verbose", the system will display extensive log messages to the screen, which should help to identify the problem. You can do this as follows:
  • At the Clover boot screen, press Spacebar.
  • You will see an option for Verbose -- check that on.
  • Now select "Boot macOS from Mojave" (not FileVault or Prebooter or Recovery).
  • Have a look at the final log messages and feel free to post a screenshot.

Thanks for replying :)
In the meantime I started from scratch, but this time I installed Clover 4862. No changes to the initial problem, I get stuck at the same point of the installation.

I checked the verbose option and started Boot MacOS from Mojave. Unfortunately I don’t get any text there. Just the apple logo and the 100% progress bar.
If I check Verbose and boot from this screen I get a lot of text ;) Attached the end of the text. Nothing happened for 5 minutes.

On a side note: Is there any way to do real screenshots instead of pictures?

Edit: Just got a new line:
„kextd stall [1], (240s): ‚AppleACPICPU‘

Attachments

• D56E18E0-DAF4-4E17-8353-FF1F59AB5706.jpeg
    D56E18E0-DAF4-4E17-8353-FF1F59AB5706.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 723
Thanks for replying :)
In the meantime I started from scratch, but this time I installed Clover 4862. No changes to the initial problem, I get stuck at the same point of the installation.

I checked the verbose option and started Boot MacOS from Mojave. Unfortunately I don’t get any text there. Just the apple logo and the 100% progress bar.
If I check Verbose and boot from this screen I get a lot of text ;) Attached the end of the text. Nothing happened for 5 minutes.

On a side note: Is there any way to do real screenshots instead of pictures?
Have you tried copying USBInjectAll and XHCI-Unsupported to CLOVER/kexts/Other in the EFI Partition of your USB install disk? Both of these kexts are in the attached ZIP file.

Once you've copied them to the USB, press the appropriate Function Key in BIOS to select USB as the boot disk. When Clover appears, choose "Boot macOS from Mojave".

Attachments

• USB-Inject-All.zip
    20.8 KB · Views: 374
Hello,

Just a short introduction: I’m a Microsoft fan with a lot of own-build rigs (since Win 3.1) who wants to see if a Mac would fit better to me after owning an iPhone 8 and an iPad Pro. Building my own PCs I love the idea of an Hackintosh. Looking to buy a new laptop this year I haven’t decided yet if I should go for a MS or Apple based laptop.

But let’s jump into my current problem:
Hardware:
MSI Z87i Gaming AC
INTEL Core i5-4570 with integrated HD 4600 graphics
8GB DDR Ram (2 slots available, in each installed 4 GB)
brand new Crucial BX500 240GB SSD just for Mojave (plugged in first SATA port)
120 GB SSD for Win10pro (currently unplugged)
1000 GB SSD for data (currently unplugged)

As I learned from this site this setup shouldn’t cause troubles to run Mojave on it.

Progress:
I created a bootable USB stick (32GB), recommended settings as described in the installation guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ojave-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.259381/, with the current Mojave 10.14.3 with UniBeat, UEFI boot mode and copied Multibeast to this stick in the root folder (the file Multibeast, not the folder). I checked and adjusted my settings to the recommended mainboard settings.

After some trouble solving (i.e. using a USB port which is directly connected to the mainboard) I could load the installer from clover, format the new hard drive with the recommended settings and start installing Mojave.

First I see the apple logo with a progress bar. It takes quite a long time but it reaches the end while telling me 12 minutes left, 2 minutes left, less than 1 minute left.
The PC reboots and I see the Mojave installation with 4 minutes left, then 2 minutes left and then there is a reboot. The progress bar did not reach the end. See picture attached.

After that I see again the apple logo with a progress bar. This time it reaches 50% within a few seconds, then it gets slower and slower and it reaches 100%. It stays there for hours (I left it in this state during the night). From the installation guide I would expect to see a log in screen to be able to start MultiBeast post installation, but Mojave will just not start. See picture attached.

When rebooting I see in clover several drives: start installation from USB, FileVault prebooter from prebooter, macOS install prebooter from prebooter, boot Mojave, and recovery. I tried all of them without success.

Looking for some advice what I need to change to get Mojave up and running. I looked through the forum but couldn’t find a solution to my problem.

If someone needs more information: just ask and I will provide within minutes :)

Once installation starts on the target Hard disk after it was Erased PREFERABLY in APFS ( not HFS+J as the GUIDE says)and reboots and you had not hidden "Preboot" in your config.plist's Gui SECTION when creating your USB Installer disk, you should enter Clover Boot Manager (CBM) screen using the UEFI USB as the disk from F-11 screen and once you are at CBM screen should IGNORE all the distracting icons and go to "Boot Mojave" the icon to the Left of Recovery icon in the final stage.
If you try all icons one after the other, it is possible that the RAM disk created by the real one can get corrupted from files from the distracting 'devices' and you won't reach the Welcome screen> Language and Region Selection> Apple Account etc.

I always emphasize in all my posts about creating the USB Installer disk, we should take a second look at the auto-mounted EFI and check the entire CLOVER and its containing config.plist with a Gui Tool like CCG to make sure all of CLOVER contents are optimum for a smooth installation.

Most newbies are so excited to get a USB Installer with Unibeast, they just boot with it!

Seeing the number of questions from Newbies using Unibeast and Multibeast, I believe they are good tools for people with sound Hackintosh background knowledge but does not appear comprehensive enough for a large number of newbies.The Guide does not mention that newbies should always start in Verbose Mode during boot and consequently rely on the non diagnostic Apple logo and Progressbar percentage to describe issues, does not emphasize that macOSMojave expects Hard disk Formatting in APFS , Auto conversion from HFS+J to APFS can cause installation to take longer and sometimes it is error-prone, the APFS can create confusing CBM icons where newbies will start clicking each of them to troubleshoot boot issues as an unnecessary trial and error routine.

In your case if "Boot Mojave " does not take you to the final stage of installation , try booting the "Recovery" icon from CBM screen> in verbose to macOS Utilities> and "Reinstall MacOS > hoping it would work.

If that fails edit the config.plist of your CLOVER in the USB installer like the image I have uploaded.

You can use Clover Configurator Global to mount the hidden EFI of the USB Disk on a Mac Desktop and open its CLOVER [For steps check bullets and image at #4] , find its config.plist and open it with CCG and go to the Left panel Top half and click Gui SECTION and go to its Top Right Corner and click the (+) (plus sign) and in the Hilighted space that you find type in Preboot and save that edited config.plist by clicking the 2nd arrow at the bottom left Panel [see image]

Attachments

• 1.config.plist_gui_Preboot .png
    1.config.plist_gui_Preboot .png
    290.5 KB · Views: 702
Installation on older generation systems can be a bit more challenging. Because of the error message "Unsupported PCH" I advised the use of USBInjectAll and XHCI-Unsupported.

Please follow @cmn699's suggestions. You may need to reinstall as he has stated.

When you use UniBeast to create USB install disk, it will most likely NOT work. Several changes will be needed to the CLOVER folder on the USB disk.

Verbose mode should always be turned on during installation. And a new screenshot (or photo) of the latest error should be posted so we can track any changes.

Unfortunately screenshots are not possible until Mojave is installed, so you'll have to use your camera. You can always downsize the image to 1280 pixels to save space.

Just a short update:
No luck with cmn699s suggestions. Recovery mode quits by saying that the recovery server cannot be reached.
I made sure that the drive is format in APFS (remember, fresh installation, no upgrade or separate partitions or whatsoever), and edited the config.plist file
I'll dig around which changes of the CLOVER folder might be required for my hardware and try later/tomorrow (no time for the next 2-3 hours).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back