Register

probook 4540s vs probook 450 g1

Status
Not open for further replies.
guys i will be receiving the parts next Saturday which the includes:

Hp probook 450 g1
Atheros AR5BHB92-H
9.5 MM HDD/SSD CADDY

when i do i will post the whole build and setup process then i will a bunch of benchmarks and compare it with apple laptops such as the macbook pro and macbook air so the purpose of this thread will be to get the hackintosh laptops into competition with apple laptops just as this amazing community did with the hackintosh desktops

guys i will be receiving the parts next Saturday which the includes:

Hp probook 450 g1
Atheros AR5BHB92-H
9.5 MM HDD/SSD CADDY

when i do i will post the whole build and setup process then i will a bunch of benchmarks and compare it with apple laptops such as the macbook pro and macbook air so the purpose of this thread will be to get the hackintosh laptops into competition with apple laptops just as this amazing community did with the hackintosh desktops

See here, work in progress guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-proboo...-450-g1-osx-mavericks-installation-guide.html

so can i use the dsdt and the ssdt found in this post instead of making my own from scratch

Not advised unless you like the idea having a potentially unstable system should your native DSDT happen to be different.

hey guys just received my 9.5 mm hdd caddy ,now waiting for the computer the probook 450 g1

WP_20140308_001[1].jpg

hey guys I am thinking about buying a laptop and to install mac osx mavericks on it; it will be my second hackintosh so i will be using it with adobe after effects and premier pro and also final cut so i came down to two choices

Hp probook 4540s

Intel® Core™ i7-3612QM Processor (6M Cache, up to 3.10)
8GB DDR3 RAM 1333MHz
750GB HDD 5400 rpm
AMD Radeon HD 7650M with 2GB dedicated

Hp probook 450 g1

Intel® Core™ i7-4702MQ Processor (6M Cache, up to 3.20)
8GB DDR3 RAM 1333MHz
1TB HDD
AMD Radeon HD 8750M (2GB dedicated DDR3)

so the advantage of the probook 4540s is that i own a 60 gb ssd so i will add it to it as second drive by replacing the optical drive bay with an hdd caddy and setup a fusion drive to install osx mavericks on it

but the advantage of probook 450 g1 that it has the 4th generation haswell core i7 and the intel hd 4600 graphics

so my question does the haswell i7 and the intel hd 4600 are really better than the ivy bridge i7 and the intel hd 4000 and does it really worth it to sacrifice to have a fusion drive and have high write and read speeds

for video editing both are great. go 100% ssd, and larger ssd space .

for high detail and high FPS gaming, use windows, both are great.

the only data bottleneck is no thunderbolt connection. usb3 only.

for video editing both are great. go 100% ssd, and larger ssd space .

for high detail and high FPS gaming, use windows, both are great.

the only data bottleneck is no thunderbolt connection. usb3 only.

i choosed to go with hp probook 450 g1 due its intel hd 4600 which is better than hd 4000 and the small ssd size due to that i will be setting up a fusion drive with the 1 tb hdd and the 60 gb ssd which will be very good amount of storage

if u have a better ideas please share it

i choosed to go with hp probook 450 g1 due its intel hd 4600 which is better than hd 4000 and the small ssd size due to that i will be setting up a fusion drive with the 1 tb hdd and the 60 gb ssd which will be very good amount of storage

if u have a better ideas please share it

good choice. again depends on what you using it for most of the time.

hey,

probook 450 g1 have 1600 mhz ram not 1333. + after yosemite you don't need to disable hybrid graphics from bios, OS X works either way this is cool because when you switch to windows and want to play game all you need to is restart.

hey,

probook 450 g1 have 1600 mhz ram not 1333. + after yosemite you don't need to disable hybrid graphics from bios, OS X works either way this is cool because when you switch to windows and want to play game all you need to is restart.
Both laptops are the same for this matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back