Contribute
Register

Probook 4540s Ivy Bridge howto

Status
Not open for further replies.
4. Copy the latest HP Probook Installer to the flash drive. You will need it later.

4a. If you have upgraded your screen from the standard 1366x768 screen in the 45x0s to either 1920x1080 or to 1600x900, or you have a Probook 47x0s with a 1920x1080 or 1600x900 screen, you must copy a "mini SSDT" to the Unibeast flash drive as /Extra/ssdt.aml. So, copy the Mini-SSDT-DualLink.aml from your Downloads to the clipboard, navigate to the Unibeast drive's /Extra folder, and paste it. Then rename it to ssdt.aml. You may have to show hidden files or navigate to /Volumes/Installer/Extra directly via Finder's Go -> Go to Folder.. option. Having this /Extra/ssdt.aml on your Unibeast drive will enable you to have a working screen during installation.

If I use standard screen I need copy Mini SSDt?

4. Copy the latest HP Probook Installer to the flash drive. You will need it later.

4a. If you have upgraded your screen from the standard 1366x768 screen in the 45x0s to either 1920x1080 or to 1600x900, or you have a Probook 47x0s with a 1920x1080 or 1600x900 screen, you must copy a "mini SSDT" to the Unibeast flash drive as /Extra/ssdt.aml. So, copy the Mini-SSDT-DualLink.aml from your Downloads to the clipboard, navigate to the Unibeast drive's /Extra folder, and paste it. Then rename it to ssdt.aml. You may have to show hidden files or navigate to /Volumes/Installer/Extra directly via Finder's Go -> Go to Folder.. option. Having this /Extra/ssdt.aml on your Unibeast drive will enable you to have a working screen during installation.

If I use standard screen I need copy Mini SSDt?

Read step 4a carefully.

The answer to your question is: not unless you have a 47x0s (eg. 1600x900 "standard screen" on 17 laptop).

Your profile is not accurate, so we have no idea which laptop you have.

ok
Thank's
My hp 4540s config is i5 and AMD 6570 that I try disable it in Bios.
I install mountain lion but HD 4000 graphic card dont insatll.
I copy Mini SSDT in unibest USB and after instal screen is black.

ok
Thank's
My hp 4540s config is i5 and AMD 6570 that I try disable it in Bios.
I install mountain lion but HD 4000 graphic card dont insatll.
I copy Mini SSDT in unibest USB and after instal screen is black.

Read step 4a carefully.

Unless you have replaced the screen in your 4540s, you do not need the mini SSDT. Copying it when you don't need it will not work.

Thank's
I think this log help me.

Attachments

• Unknown.ioreg
    1.3 MB · Views: 175
Hello again. Sorry for bothering.

I´m about to reinstall 10.8 in my 4540s probook. This time I want to have a dual boot withe either windows 7 or 8 (I really don´t care, but I think I like 7 better).

There´s a post called "guide to installing ML in a probook", and there´s another one called "4540s ivy bridge how to", both posts have a guide in their first post, I think that I used the latter one and was quite easy to follow.

Is any one of these better than the other?? My 4540s is i7 ivy bridge, but I don´t know which one to follow.

I´m afraid I´m going to need your help again

Thanks !!!

Hello again. Sorry for bothering.

I´m about to reinstall 10.8 in my 4540s probook. This time I want to have a dual boot withe either windows 7 or 8 (I really don´t care, but I think I like 7 better).

Dual boot: http://www.tonymacx86.com/multi-booting/96000-guide-dual-booting-mountain-lion-windows-8-a.html

There´s a post called "guide to installing ML in a probook", and there´s another one called "4540s ivy bridge how to", both posts have a guide in their first post, I think that I used the latter one and was quite easy to follow. Is any one of these better than the other?? My 4540s is i7 ivy bridge, but I don´t know which one to follow.

I think if you read post #1 in this thread, you have your answer (eg. follow the sticky guide).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back