Contribute
Register

Probook 4540s Ivy Bridge howto

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the same as on the 4x30s. I should probably add something to the guide on this one, although it is pretty obvious. You can simply quite with standard Command+Q. And you can disable these from SysPrefs -> Bluetooth.

This is obvious to you, RehabMan due to your intimate knowledge. It certainly will not be obvious to many newbies!

This is obvious to you, RehabMan due to your intimate knowledge. It certainly will not be obvious to many newbies!

It is also covered in the FAQ.

Hello again.

Thanks to your help, I managed to install 10.8.3 in my 4540s a few months ago, using probook installer 6,1.

Since then, I have been experiencing an annoying issue: everything works fine, but, randomly, the laptop shuts off (and automatically restarts) without any apparent cause. I have tried to monitor temperature, but nothing relevant happens. I can´t find the reason, and looking in the forums, I can´t find anybody experiencing the same problem. It happens in any situation, whether I´m just using an internet browser, copying a file, or doing heavy tasks like sound mixing or 3d composition. It seems like there´s no pattern in this behaviour. It just shuts down, and after 3 or 4 seconds, restarts, then, the first thing I find is a white screen with a message about a Bios warning (something about "Cmos"?), I have to press enter and then it restarts normally. Some days this doesn´t happen at all, other days it happens 6 or 8 times.

Any ideas??

Thanks for your help:banghead:

Hello again.

Thanks to your help, I managed to install 10.8.3 in my 4540s a few months ago, using probook installer 6,1.

Since then, I have been experiencing an annoying issue: everything works fine, but, randomly, the laptop shuts off (and automatically restarts) without any apparent cause. I have tried to monitor temperature, but nothing relevant happens. I can´t find the reason, and looking in the forums, I can´t find anybody experiencing the same problem. It happens in any situation, whether I´m just using an internet browser, copying a file, or doing heavy tasks like sound mixing or 3d composition. It seems like there´s no pattern in this behaviour. It just shuts down, and after 3 or 4 seconds, restarts, then, the first thing I find is a white screen with a message about a Bios warning (something about "Cmos"?), I have to press enter and then it restarts normally. Some days this doesn´t happen at all, other days it happens 6 or 8 times.

Any ideas??

Thanks for your help:banghead:

Did you follow the guide?

http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook/77057-guide-installing-mountain-lion-hp-probook.html

hi
Dear RehabMan
My dell vostro 1510 has damaged and I want make a new hakintash.
in my country HP 4530s not for sale I wish make a hakintash whit HP 4540 i3 and HD 4000
Are you validation it.
I read a lot of your post and I must thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back