Contribute
Register

Probook 4530s Multibeast question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you using your own DSDT? If not, you should try...

I'm not. I'm using the one provided in the Probook installer. I'll check the thread and try to create one.

EDIT:
-----
I haven't tried creating a DSDT of my own yet, but re-installing the graphical glitch kext in the ProBook Installer seems to have fixed the problem!

I have a question. I was wondering how long does it take others laptop to boot into OS X 10.8.2 Mountain Lion? Mine takes about 58 seconds after I select the Mac partition and the white screen with the apple loads up. It just sits there with the spinning loading circle. Is this normal?

Thanks.

EDIT:
------
Now that I have windows installed, I used my UniBeast USB to boot into my Mac installation and re-install the Chimera Bootloader. Now I can dual boot. Good so far.

Now when I boot into my Mac installation, I am greeted with a "header read size 2000" and "Incorrect Image Size" after I select the Mac partition before the white screen with the apple in the middle loads up. Anyone knows what it means and how to fix it? Is it b/c I re-partitioned the hdd after installing Mac to install Windows 8?

Thanks

I have a question. I was wondering how long does it take others laptop to boot into OS X 10.8.2 Mountain Lion? Mine takes about 58 seconds after I select the Mac partition and the white screen with the apple loads up. It just sits there with the spinning loading circle. Is this normal?

Thanks.

EDIT:
------
Now that I have windows installed, I used my UniBeast USB to boot into my Mac installation and re-install the Chimera Bootloader. Now I can dual boot. Good so far.

Now when I boot into my Mac installation, I am greeted with a "header read size 2000" and "Incorrect Image Size" after I select the Mac partition before the white screen with the apple in the middle loads up. Anyone knows what it means and how to fix it? Is it b/c I re-partitioned the hdd after installing Mac to install Windows 8?

Thanks

If you repartitioned in the Windows installer, that is a mistake. When you have a GPT/MBR hybrid, you must do all editing of the partition table in GPT (use OS X Disk Utility, or gparted in Linux). Then after you make those edits, run Linux gptsync to re-create the MBR table. You can try running gptsync now to see what you have, but I think it is likely you will lose your Win8 install and will have to re-install.

And on your delay booting OS X. Patch your own DSDT and that should fix it (follow link in the FAQ to find wiki).

If you repartitioned in the Windows installer, that is a mistake. When you have a GPT/MBR hybrid, you must do all editing of the partition table in GPT (use OS X Disk Utility, or gparted in Linux). Then after you make those edits, run Linux gptsync to re-create the MBR table. You can try running gptsync now to see what you have, but I think it is likely you will lose your Win8 install and will have to re-install.

And on your delay booting OS X. Patch your own DSDT and that should fix it (follow link in the FAQ to find wiki).

What I did was install Mac, then boot into the Mac disk utility, and use the disk utility to make a MS-DOS (FAT) partition for Windows. I then installed windows 8 to that partition, and booted back into OS X using the UniBeast drive to re-install the Chimera Bootloader.

From your post, I think I went about it the right way.

How do I run gptsync?

What I did was install Mac, then boot into the Mac disk utility, and use the disk utility to make a MS-DOS (FAT) partition for Windows. I then installed windows 8 to that partition, and booted back into OS X using the UniBeast drive to re-install the Chimera Bootloader.

From your post, I think I went about it the right way.

How do I run gptsync?

As long as you didn't allow Win8 installer to do any changes to the partition scheme, then you should be ok. But it woudn't hurt to run gptsync... I've seen cases where even Disk Utility messes up the MBR. You can find out how to run gptsync by looking at my blog article on multi-boot (see signature).

What exactly are your symptoms now? Does each system boot successfully?

As long as you didn't allow Win8 installer to do any changes to the partition scheme, then you should be ok. But it woudn't hurt to run gptsync... I've seen cases where even Disk Utility messes up the MBR. You can find out how to run gptsync by looking at my blog article on multi-boot (see signature).

What exactly are your symptoms now? Does each system boot successfully?

Besides the "header read size 2000" and "Incorrect Image Size" that is displayed for a brief moment before my Mac OS loads up, each system boots perfectly.

I'm checking out your multi-boot blog article now.

Besides the "header read size 2000" and "Incorrect Image Size" that is displayed for a brief moment before my Mac OS loads up, each system boots perfectly.

I've seen those before as well, but I haven't had the time/strong curiosity to browse the Chimera code to see what they mean. I wonder if it has something to do with Kernel Cache. Have you tried fix permissions & rebuild cache?

I've seen those before as well, but I haven't had the time/strong curiosity to browse the Chimera code to see what they mean. I wonder if it has something to do with Kernel Cache. Have you tried fix permissions & rebuild cache?

I haven't. I'm not sure how to do that.

I poked around in the Chameleon/Chimera code a bit and these two messages have something to do with booting from a hibernation file. I haven't seen these very often as I'm on an SSD and have hibernation disabled. The first, "header read size" is just informational. The second, indicates that the signature of the header of the hiberfile is not proper and it is bailing out on the boot from hibernation.

I didn't look into it any further than that...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back