Graphics
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello community,

I've been following a few guides and am currently at the MultiBeast installation. I've selected the UserDSDT option as I have a DSDT file on my desktop for my Probook 4530s.

My question is which drivers, bootloaders, and customization options should I select? I have the i3 model.

Any and all help is really appreciated.

Hello community,

I've been following a few guides and am currently at the MultiBeast installation. I've selected the UserDSDT option as I have a DSDT file on my desktop for my Probook 4530s.

My question is which drivers, bootloaders, and customization options should I select? I have the i3 model.

Any and all help is really appreciated.

Use of Multibeast for the HP Probook is not recommended. Read the sticky guide here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-4530s/77494-guide-installing-lion-hp-probook.html

And if you want to help test, try the new installer here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook/78407-hp-probook-installer-6-beta.html

Use of Multibeast for the HP Probook is not recommended. Read the sticky guide here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-4530s/77494-guide-installing-lion-hp-probook.html

And if you want to help test, try the new installer here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook/78407-hp-probook-installer-6-beta.html

Thanks RehabMan! I will try the Beta and post back my results in this and the Beta Thread. :thumbup:

EDIT: Question. In philip_petev's thread, he states that there will be 1 to 2 more Beta's before the final version. I'm doing this for my cousin and was wondering if I use the Beta, will I need to get it back from him when the final version comes out to do a re-install or will he be fine? Thanks for all of your help!

Thanks RehabMan! I will try the Beta and post back my results in this and the Beta Thread. :thumbup:

EDIT: Question. In philip_petev's thread, he states that there will be 1 to 2 more Beta's before the final version. I'm doing this for my cousin and was wondering if I use the Beta, will I need to get it back from him when the final version comes out to do a re-install or will he be fine? Thanks for all of your help!

I think he'll be fine. The kexts in the package now have been in use for a while -- we are just getting them into a nice neat package. Of course, he or you will want to keep track of what is going on in this forum, as updates come out for OS X, etc...

And definitely check out all the stickies at the top of this forum. You might want to do some of the "optional" items (DSDT patch in particular).

I think he'll be fine. The kexts in the package now have been in use for a while -- we are just getting them into a nice neat package. Of course, he or you will want to keep track of what is going on in this forum, as updates come out for OS X, etc...

And definitely check out all the stickies at the top of this forum. You might want to do some of the "optional" items (DSDT patch in particular).

While following your guide, I get the boot0: error. So I went to the link and applied the i386 - iboot1h method. Everything seems to be working fine. I get to the chimera loader with the tomato. It boots the hdd and then I get this screen which loads indefinitely:

bpxbV.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Sidenote.......I wasn't prompted to connect a keyboard like it said I would in step 12a of your tutorial.

While following your guide, I get the boot0: error. So I went to the link and applied the i386 - iboot1h method. Everything seems to be working fine. I get to the chimera loader with the tomato. It boots the hdd and then I get this screen which loads indefinitely:

bpxbV.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Sidenote.......I wasn't prompted to connect a keyboard like it said I would in step 12a of your tutorial.

What version of OS X is this? Lion or ML? It sounds like ML (no keyboard prompt, and this error, which looks like you need the AHCI patch), so you might want to try the guide for ML.

I'm going to guess you are running ML here: So... boot with -f, then re-run the Probook installer and select the AHCI patch. Reboot and you should be good to go. Then look around the forums here for the Mountain Lion Probook forum.

What version of OS X is this? Lion or ML? It sounds like ML (no keyboard prompt, and this error, which looks like you need the AHCI patch), so you might want to try the guide for ML.

I'm going to guess you are running ML here: So... boot with -f, then re-run the Probook installer and select the AHCI patch. Reboot and you should be good to go. Then look around the forums here for the Mountain Lion Probook forum.

Thanks! I will give that a try and report back.

EDIT: Worked like a charm! Thanks! For wireless, how can I tell if I have an atheros card or not? And if I don't, will I have to buy a wireless usb receiver or I noticed in your installation guide you mentioned getting a mini wireless pci card?

Thanks again for all of your help RehabMan!

Thanks! I will give that a try and report back.

EDIT: Worked like a charm! Thanks! For wireless, how can I tell if I have an atheros card or not? And if I don't, will I have to buy a wireless usb receiver or I noticed in your installation guide you mentioned getting a mini wireless pci card?

Thanks again for all of your help RehabMan!

For determining wireless card type:

- You can run Windows and look in Device Manager
- Go into BIOS and look at the FCC ID.
- Physically inspect the card by removing the back.

Compatible cards are cheap. See the FAQ for model# info.

For determining wireless card type:

- You can run Windows and look in Device Manager
- Go into BIOS and look at the FCC ID.
- Physically inspect the card by removing the back.

Compatible cards are cheap. See the FAQ for model# info.

Thanks RehabMan! Is there anyway for me to do that in MAC? I'm getting ready to repartition the hdd for dual booting Windows so I will be able to try that method, but was just curious to see if you could do it in Mountain Lion.

Also....every once in a while, I get a graphical glitch when the login screen appears. Mostly it's a line across the screen (like the picture below), but once the user picture didn't show and there were gray blocks covering up txt on the login screen.

EDIT: I did install the "Graphic glitch fix" provided in the ProBook Installer 6b6 installer.

2RI5u.jpg

Thanks RehabMan! Is there anyway for me to do that in MAC? I'm getting ready to repartition the hdd for dual booting Windows so I will be able to try that method, but was just curious to see if you could do it in Mountain Lion.

Also....every once in a while, I get a graphical glitch when the login screen appears. Mostly it's a line across the screen (like the picture below), but once the user picture didn't show and there were gray blocks covering up txt on the login screen.

EDIT: I did install the "Graphic glitch fix" provided in the ProBook Installer 6b6 installer.

2RI5u.jpg

Are you using your own DSDT? If not, you should try...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back