Contribute
Register

Probook 4530s High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've read the guide like 10,000 times and I don't understand. The only thing is the area after the ioreg section which says "Compress all files as zip." I thought this didn't apply to me, since it says above that to compress the individual files as zip. and as far as I can tell, the ioreg doesn't apply to me, since I can't boot to the target drive.

Is this what you're talking about? Little help? I don't know what I missed. I've attached all the files in one zip.

Attachments

• ProblemReporting.zip
    12.9 MB · Views: 36
I've read the guide like 10,000 times and I don't understand. The only thing is the area after the ioreg section which says "Compress all files as zip." I thought this didn't apply to me, since it says above that to compress the individual files as zip. and as far as I can tell, the ioreg doesn't apply to me, since I can't boot to the target drive.

Is this what you're talking about? Little help? I don't know what I missed. I've attached all the files in one zip.
your drivers64UEFI folder is missing files
read the laptop guide as there is an image of what files should be in there

clover/kexts/other doesn't need AppleBacklightFixup.kext or the sensor kexts

also FakeSMC is part of the guide, not VirtualSMC.kext

I followed the guide, like I said, and the result was the image in the first photo (the IOUSB errors). Then I uploaded the EFI folder to someone who offered to help me on the Discord channel. That person made changes to stuff, including possibly removing some of those efi files, which produced the second photo (the kernel panic). Do you want me to follow the guide and just send you the original EFI folder?

Also, there is ambiguous language in the guide ("The resulting drivers64UEFI should look SOMETHING like this" and also "the defaults for Drivers64UEFI are recommended"). I took the second half of that to mean that if I used Rehabman's version of Clover, I didn't need to change the pre-selections.

Re: FakeSMC.kext vs VirtualSMC.kext, as I said, that change was made by a helpful person on Discord who thought FakeSMC.kext might be the problem. So using FakeSMC.kext got me all those IOUSB errors and using VirtualSMC.kext got me to a kernel panic.

If you'd like I can start all over again and send you the error reporting files that generated the first (IOUSB errors) photo, but that doesn't tell the whole story.

QUOTE="Feartech, post: 1846648, member: 877703"]your drivers64UEFI folder is missing files

also FakeSMC is part of the guide, not VirtualSMC.kext[/QUOTE]
your drivers64UEFI folder is missing files

also FakeSMC is part of the guide, not VirtualSMC.kext

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back