CPU
i3-2350M
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I had El Capitan running on my Probook 4530s (Intel Core i3 2nd Gen 2350M (2.30 GHz) Intel HD Graphics 3000 8GB RAM 1TB HDD No separate audio or GPU Wifi Atheros ppd-ar5b195-h) for quite a while with no problems and then the battery connector failed so I ordered another empty 4530s from eBay and transplanted my HDD, memory, Wifi card, and battery into it, thinking I would be able to boot up with no problem. Well it won't boot from the HDD but in the meantime I ordered an SSD and put it in the CD-ROM bay, thinking I would install High Sierra on the SSD.

I followed Rehabman's guide (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...book-zbook-using-clover-uefi-hotpatch.232948/) and when I put the thumb drive into the 4530s I get pages and pages of IOUSB errors, for about 20 minutes (see attached), then a white screen. I made a bootable USB on two separate computers and tried every USB port on the 4530s. I'm also able to boot Ubuntu live on any of the 4530s ports, leading me to believe that there's no problem with the MB or CPU.

I did quite a bit of fiddling with the config file before hitting up the Discord Hackintosh channel, where one person suggested it might be FakeSMC.kext so I uploaded my EFI folder and he replaced FakeSMC.kext with VirtualSMC.kext and I think also changed some of the versions of the efi files in /Other/. Now when I try to boot from the USB I get a kernel panic (see attached) and I'm at a loss about what to do. I hit F4 from within Clover so it downloaded my DSDT, which I also sent to a user on Discord but I haven't heard anything back. Does anyone have experience with this problem or have any idea what I should try? Thanks.

IOUSBErrors.jpg KernelPanic.jpg

I had El Capitan running on my Probook 4530s (Intel Core i3 2nd Gen 2350M (2.30 GHz) Intel HD Graphics 3000 8GB RAM 1TB HDD No separate audio or GPU Wifi Atheros ppd-ar5b195-h) for quite a while with no problems and then the battery connector failed so I ordered another empty 4530s from eBay and transplanted my HDD, memory, Wifi card, and battery into it, thinking I would be able to boot up with no problem. Well it won't boot from the HDD but in the meantime I ordered an SSD and put it in the CD-ROM bay, thinking I would install High Sierra on the SSD.

I followed Rehabman's guide (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...book-zbook-using-clover-uefi-hotpatch.232948/) and when I put the thumb drive into the 4530s I get pages and pages of IOUSB errors, for about 20 minutes (see attached), then a white screen. I made a bootable USB on two separate computers and tried every USB port on the 4530s. I'm also able to boot Ubuntu live on any of the 4530s ports, leading me to believe that there's no problem with the MB or CPU.

I did quite a bit of fiddling with the config file before hitting up the Discord Hackintosh channel, where one person suggested it might be FakeSMC.kext so I uploaded my EFI folder and he replaced FakeSMC.kext with VirtualSMC.kext and I think also changed some of the versions of the efi files in /Other/. Now when I try to boot from the USB I get a kernel panic (see attached) and I'm at a loss about what to do. I hit F4 from within Clover so it downloaded my DSDT, which I also sent to a user on Discord but I haven't heard anything back. Does anyone have experience with this problem or have any idea what I should try? Thanks.

View attachment 363215 View attachment 363216
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Upload your "problem reporting" files here

View attachment 363215 View attachment 363216

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

I'm sorry, I misunderstood the remaining directions after this part:

If you can't boot, a bare minimum is:
- Boot verbose, attach photo
- Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F2 then F4 at main Clover screen just before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

When I saw "/usr/bin/patchmatic" I assumed it was referring to the target drive of the installation and not the USB. I've attached the zipped patchmatic file.

Am I correct that the ioreg output requires a semi-working target drive? It seems if I run that on this machine (not the target machine) it will give you the registry info for the wrong laptop.

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.

Attachments

• patchmatic.zip
    58.2 KB · Views: 35
  • KernelPanic.jpg
    KernelPanic.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 43
  • IOUSBErrors.jpg
    IOUSBErrors.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 70
  • EFI.zip
    4.4 MB · Views: 63
Last edited:
I'm sorry, I misunderstood the remaining directions after this part:

If you can't boot, a bare minimum is:
- Boot verbose, attach photo
- Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F2 then F4 at main Clover screen just before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

When I saw "/usr/bin/patchmatic" I assumed it was referring to the target drive of the installation and not the USB. I've attached the zipped patchmatic file.

Am I correct that the ioreg output requires a semi-working target drive? It seems if I run that on this machine (not the target machine) it will give you the registry info for the wrong laptop.

Remove GenericUSBXHCI.kext from Clover/kexts/Other. Use a USB2 port with USB2 stick.

Note: Your images are too small to read (test them yourself and you'll see).

Thank you, please see attached. I don't know how the pictures got small. There is no GenericUSBXHCI.kext in my /Other/ folder. I've attached larger photos of the error pages and a photo of what's in my /Other/ folder. I get the same error no matter what USB port I use. There are 3 USB2 ports and 1 USB3 port on the 4530s, I think.
IOUSBErrorsLarger.jpg
KernelPanicLarger.jpg
IOUSBErrorsLarger.jpg
KernelPanicLarger.jpg
kexts.png

Thank you

Remove GenericUSBXHCI.kext from Clover/kexts/Other. Use a USB2 port with USB2 stick.

Note: Your images are too small to read (test them yourself and you'll see).

Thank you, please see attached. I don't know how the pictures got small. There is no GenericUSBXHCI.kext in my /Other/ folder. I've attached larger photos of the error pages and a photo of what's in my /Other/ folder. I get the same error no matter what USB port I use. There are 3 USB2 ports and 1 USB3 port on the 4530s, I think.View attachment 363489 View attachment 363490 View attachment 363489 View attachment 363490 View attachment 363495

Thank you

OK, so do you mean re-attach them from above, or that something is missing above? As I said, it seems that the ioreg info isn't relevant to a machine that won't boot. If I'm wrong about this, please correct me! Here's all the files, including the ones earlier in the thread.

Thanks

IOUSBErrorsLarger.jpg
KernelPanicLarger.jpg
kexts.png

Attachments

• IOUSBErrorsLarger.jpg
    IOUSBErrorsLarger.jpg
    6.1 MB · Views: 46
  • KernelPanicLarger.jpg
    KernelPanicLarger.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 41
  • kexts.png
    kexts.png
    62.2 KB · Views: 45
  • patchmatic.zip
    58.2 KB · Views: 35
  • CLOVER.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 42
  • patchmatic.zip
    58.2 KB · Views: 41
OK, so do you mean re-attach them from above, or that something is missing above? As I said, it seems that the ioreg info isn't relevant to a machine that won't boot. If I'm wrong about this, please correct me! Here's all the files, including the ones earlier in the thread.

Thanks

View attachment 363534 View attachment 363535 View attachment 363536

You failed to follow the guide.
Start here:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Also read here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...book-zbook-using-clover-uefi-hotpatch.261719/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back