Contribute
Register

Probook 4530s Craking open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Freinds

I replaced my i3 processor today with i5 2410m everything went well apart from breaking off the conection on my wifi card.
I can boot into windows without problems but i get KP with my Lion 10.7.4 partition it has something to do with CPU management (i think).
I do not want to do a fresh install. How can i get into Lion so i can try and fix things?? (-x) does not help and i do not know what other command i can try.
Any help is much appreciated................ Thanks Montyboy

PS..
Good guide from both of you..........pepetuelo and Vicentefoxxx

Hello Freinds

I replaced my i3 processor today with i5 2410m everything went well apart from breaking off the conection on my wifi card.
I can boot into windows without problems but i get KP with my Lion 10.7.4 partition it has something to do with CPU management (i think).
I do not want to do a fresh install. How can i get into Lion so i can try and fix things?? (-x) does not help and i do not know what other command i can try.
Any help is much appreciated................ Thanks Montyboy

PS..
Good guide from both of you..........pepetuelo and Vicentefoxxx

Did you installed the new CPU ssdt and the DSDT with the HP ProBook Installer before changing the CPU? have you tried to start from your installation USB?, Try that and when you get to the Quimera logo select the partition of your original installation. After that when you are in the system use the Probook installer.

Did you installed the new CPU ssdt and the DSDT with the HP ProBook Installer before changing the CPU? have you tried to start from your installation USB?, Try that and when you get to the Quimera logo select the partition of your original installation. After that when you are in the system use the Probook installer.

All sorted now, tried everything, in the end i had to take the HDD out and hook it up to another computer then repair permissions.
Yes i did install the the ssdt and the DSDT first..................Thanks.
Next headache will be when i replace the screen..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back