Graphics
HD4400
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi all,

I was running Mavericks and Chameleon/Chimera without any problems on my HP Probook 4530s (lowres screen).

Took the challenge to switch to clover so, to be honest, I'm rather new to setting up clover.

Folllowed the guide step-by-step so I have a working USB stick with the Yosemite installer: changed BIOS to UEFI and booted from it: formatted my Mavericks partition and installed a brand new Yosemite on it (fyi: I followed 2b on the guide).

Question1:
------------
Then I rebooted and pressed F4 (can anyone tell me what exactly this is doing?).

Booted into Yosmite without any problems. Setup account, time zone, etc...

I also downloaded the latest HP ProBook Installer Clover Edition and followed the guide to include each option mentioned in there: apparently I cannot ssdt generator/patcher: its says that an error occurred.

Question 2:
-------------
Ethernet is up and running but I'm missing both Audio (tried the suggestions mentioned in the guide but doesn't activate audio for me) and Wifi (I'm having an Atheros AR9285: of course working fine in Windows 8.1 and used to work great on Mavericks/Chameleon).

Can anyone please help me how to fix this (I'm even willing to do a full reinstall if needed).

Question 3:
-------------
So far I did NOT install Clover as boot loader (can this be the reason why audio and wifi is not working?) as I have a second SSD running Windows 8.1 in my Probook. Question: when I install the Clover boot loader: will it detect my existing Windows 8.1 partition and allow me to boot from it? Or does Windows 8.1 needs to be reinstalled from scratch (hope not as this is the OS I need to use for work as well)?

Thanks for any help or reply on this ;-)

Tek_No

You need to install clover, then press f4 at clover screen when it starts, then re run probook installer.

The fact you had an error probably indicates your DSDT is not updated/configured.

pressing F4 will allow OS X to use your native DSDT upon that boot up, meaning it can be patched without having to delete/rename your existing one, you must press it at clover screen, if you have a timed start like I do, perhaps move the curser on clover screen to stop the auto start, then press f4 ( i pressed it a few times) then manually start os x, probably not needed, but to be sure you've pressed it.

Windows - you'll need to determine if its UEFI or legacy install (probably legacy) in which case you'll need to set UEFI with csm (I think its with, hybrid, not native basically)

If its UEFI, you'll need to edit a file in EFI for it to be detected, I think its all explained in clover guide anyway.

Not massively informative, but should get you going until more help arrives :)

Also, if after PBI CE is installed successfully without any errors and sound is still working, repair kext permissions and reboot. If sound is still not working, repeat procedure again.

You need to install clover, then press f4 at clover screen when it starts, then re run probook installer.

The fact you had an error probably indicates your DSDT is not updated/configured.

pressing F4 will allow OS X to use your native DSDT upon that boot up, meaning it can be patched without having to delete/rename your existing one, you must press it at clover screen, if you have a timed start like I do, perhaps move the curser on clover screen to stop the auto start, then press f4 ( i pressed it a few times) then manually start os x, probably not needed, but to be sure you've pressed it.

Windows - you'll need to determine if its UEFI or legacy install (probably legacy) in which case you'll need to set UEFI with csm (I think its with, hybrid, not native basically)

If its UEFI, you'll need to edit a file in EFI for it to be detected, I think its all explained in clover guide anyway.

Not massively informative, but should get you going until more help arrives :)

Thanks for helping me out on this.

<<You need to install Clover>>

Clover is installed on the USB Installation Stick, right?

Does Clover need to be installed as the boot loader on HDD (so not on the USB Stick) to get DSDT configured properly?

<<About my existing Windows 8.1>>

The guide says (see below): does this mean I don't need to change anything to the disk that has Windows 8.1 installed and I can just add it to the clover boot menu by using the options mentioned here?

4. Legacy OS boot

If you have Legacy OSes installed, you can enable Clover to boot legacy OS by editing your config.plist:- Gui > Scan > Custom: check Legacy
- Boot > Legacy: LegacyBiosDefault

Does Clover need to be installed as the boot loader on HDD (so not on the USB Stick) to get DSDT configured properly?

Yes. It is where your patched DSDT resides. When you boot from USB you'll not use the patched files as they are not present on the USB.

The guide says (see below): does this mean I don't need to change anything to the disk that has Windows 8.1 installed and I can just add it to the clover boot menu by using the options mentioned here?

4. Legacy OS boot

If you have Legacy OSes installed, you can enable Clover to boot legacy OS by editing your config.plist:- Gui > Scan > Custom: check Legacy
- Boot > Legacy: LegacyBiosDefault

You can try it, but I suspect you'll have to restore the Windows MBR bootloader (BOOTREC.EXE) to avoid having to see Chameleon in order to boot Windows.

Yes. It is where your patched DSDT resides. When you boot from USB you'll not use the patched files as they are not present on the USB.

You can try it, but I suspect you'll have to restore the Windows MBR bootloader (BOOTREC.EXE) to avoid having to see Chameleon in order to boot Windows.

So last question (just to be sure) before I install Clover to HDD: is this process in any way "touching" my Windows HDD? Want to be sure that I have some kind of "fallback" plan so I can still boot into Windows...

So last question (just to be sure) before I install Clover to HDD: is this process in any way "touching" my Windows HDD? Want to be sure that I have some kind of "fallback" plan so I can still boot into Windows...

The EFI partition resides on your HDD, which is the same HDD your Windows partition resides on. Don't confuse HDD with partition.

Your "fallback" plan should always be a good/recent backup and knowledge about how to use it.

The EFI partition resides on your HDD, which is the same HDD your Windows partition resides on. Don't confuse HDD with partition.

Your "fallback" plan should always be a good/recent backup and knowledge about how to use it.

Thanks, all.

I can confirm that, after having installed Clover to Disk along with DSDT and other options, both Wifi and Audio are working.

For my Windows 8.1 (installed on a second SSD, EFI/Clover and Yosemite on first SSD): after having added the legacy options in Clover configuration and having rebooted my Windows 8 is now being shown with a nice "8" icon in the clover boot menu and it is booting correctly without having to make any changes...

So, everything up and running. The only thing that seems to be failing is "sleep": when I press the blinking power button to wake up Yosemite it is showing the password box but then OS X crashes and reboots itself...

Tek_no

So, everything up and running. The only thing that seems to be failing is "sleep": when I press the blinking power button to wake up Yosemite it is showing the password box but then OS X crashes and reboots itself...

Try removing BTFirmwareUploader.kext.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back