Contribute
Register

ProBook 4530s: Audio and Wifi AR9285

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a similar problem after I upgraded from Chameleon/Mavericks to Clover/Yosemite on the HP ProBook 4530s. The upgrade and install went fine. Installed PBI CE and rebuild cache using Kext Wizard and now the audio works fine. But unfortunately the WiFi does not. I have the Atheros 9285 WiFi card. I thought the card must have gone bad, so I put it on my other laptop and it worked fine there, so I know the card is good. I tried PBI CE again just to be sure that I selected the "Atheros Bluetooth" option and also repeated the cache rebuild, still the WiFi is not working. The symbol on top is grayed out too, as if the card does not exist. Also card does not show up under WiFi in System Report. (See Attachment). I am able to connect to internet using a cable. Any help to resolve this is appreciated. Thank you.

Attachments

• WiFi Screen.rtfd.zip
    91.7 KB · Views: 83
I have a similar problem after I upgraded from Chameleon/Mavericks to Clover/Yosemite on the HP ProBook 4530s. The upgrade and install went fine. Installed PBI CE and rebuild cache using Kext Wizard and now the audio works fine. But unfortunately the WiFi does not. I have the Atheros 9285 WiFi card. I thought the card must have gone bad, so I put it on my other laptop and it worked fine there, so I know the card is good. I tried PBI CE again just to be sure that I selected the "Atheros Bluetooth" option and also repeated the cache rebuild, still the WiFi is not working. The symbol on top is grayed out too, as if the card does not exist. Also card does not show up under WiFi in System Report. (See Attachment). I am able to connect to internet using a cable. Any help to resolve this is appreciated. Thank you.

Do you have WiFi enabled in BIOS?
Does the card work on Windows?

Do you have WiFi enabled in BIOS?
Does the card work on Windows?

There was an option called "Embedded WLAN Device" in BIOS listed under System Configuration => Built-In Device Options. This option was unchecked. Checked it and booted in to Yosemite and it works like a charm. I gone over all WiFi options and settings on the OS but didn't think to look in the BIOS, feel really stupid :oops: Thank you for helping me out here.

I also want to give a shout out and big thank you for your descriptive Chameleon/Mavericks instructions, that was really detailed and descriptive. It helped me to setup Mavericks without a glitch. Appreciate you taking the time to put it together. Thank you again!!!

I cannot get the Wi-Fi card to see any networks. It was working fine before I installed Yosemite/Clover, but now the card cannot detect any networks. I am in the same location, and my ipad can see the networks, but my new install can't. The configuration is correct: AR9285 is verified, and the system information finds the card. The diagnostics says it is on but it cannot cannot find any networks.

Any ideas will be appreciated.

I cannot get the Wi-Fi card to see any networks. It was working fine before I installed Yosemite/Clover, but now the card cannot detect any networks. I am in the same location, and my ipad can see the networks, but my new install can't. The configuration is correct: AR9285 is verified, and the system information finds the card. The diagnostics says it is on but it cannot cannot find any networks.

Any ideas will be appreciated.

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

System: HP 4430s/Clover
CPU: i7-2720QM. I'm not sure about the chipset. I don't have windows installed in it anymore.
Graphics: Graphics: HD3000, Low resolution

Mavs/Chimera worked flawlessly.

I did follow guide carefully. Everything worked BUT finding WiFi networks. However, I have to thank you: I found an old post from you suggesting someone else to use the little button repeatedly. After four tries, voila. The networks were back.

Thanks!

I did follow guide carefully. Everything worked BUT finding WiFi networks. However, I have to thank you: I found an old post from you suggesting someone else to use the little button repeatedly. After four tries, voila. The networks were back.

Thanks!

Yes, the WiFi device needs to be powered up to work...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back