Contribute
Register

Probook 4530s: All Ok but USB3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you remove in EFI partition? Your ioreg shows that generic is still loaded.

Yes, from both the 10.9 and 10.10 kexts folders on the EFI partition and the EFI-Backups folder on the main partition. That's a bit odd that it's still showing up in ioreg after I've rebuilt the cache numerous times.

The ioreg you posted shows you're not even using Clover.

I'm definitely using Clover to boot now. I was using Chameleon when I was running Mavericks, though I may have forgot to remove it from the system. I didn't do a clean install if that matters, I installed Clover before I updated Mavericks to Yosemite.

Did you remove the kext in /S/L/E?

I'm definitely using Clover to boot now. I was using Chameleon when I was running Mavericks, though I may have forgot to remove it from the system. I didn't do a clean install if that matters, I installed Clover before I updated Mavericks to Yosemite.

Your ioreg indicates otherwise.

If you're now using Clover, repost the requested files.

Did you remove the kext in /S/L/E?

It wasn't there to begin with, and I double checked to make sure.

Your ioreg indicates otherwise.

If you're now using Clover, repost the requested files.

I've already been using Clover for a few months now, ever since I updated to Yosemite. How do I fully remove Chameleon from my system so that it doesn't show up in ioreg?

I've already been using Clover for a few months now, ever since I updated to Yosemite. How do I fully remove Chameleon from my system so that it doesn't show up in ioreg?

You are not using Clover according to the ioreg you provided in post #116.

There are no indications of Chameleon unless you're booting using Chameleon.

The ioreg never lies.

You are not using Clover according to the ioreg you provided in post #116.

There are no indications of Chameleon unless you're booting using Chameleon.

The ioreg never lies.

When I boot my ProBook, I get the default theme with the blurred Yosemite background and options to boot from Macintosh HD or Recovery. The screenshot attached is from System Preferences, clearly I'm booting using Clover. There has to be some conflict between Chameleon's files and Clover so I need to know where all the Chameleon files are to remove them.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-01-30 at 10.19.32 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-01-30 at 10.19.32 AM.png
    77.8 KB · Views: 92
When I boot my ProBook, I get the default theme with the blurred Yosemite background and options to boot from Macintosh HD or Recovery. The screenshot attached is from System Preferences, clearly I'm booting using Clover. There has to be some conflict between Chameleon's files and Clover so I need to know where all the Chameleon files are to remove them.

The last ioreg you posted (post #116) was gathered after booting with Chameleon. There is no doubt. Either you posted the wrong ioreg, or you have no clue as to which bootloader you're using.

Post photo of your bootloader.

If you're having file management issues (eg. uploaded the wrong ioreg), then please provide an up-to-date copy so correct advice can be provided.

Post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply to an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

The last ioreg you posted (post #116) was gathered after booting with Chameleon. There is no doubt. Either you posted the wrong ioreg, or you have no clue as to which bootloader you're using.
I followed those instructions exactly and used the same version of ioreg that was linked. I noticed that org.chameleon.Boot.plist is still in the Extra folder, maybe that's why it's showing up?
Post photo of your bootloader.

screenshot attached, had to convert it to jpg because the original bmp file size was too large.

Attachments

• screenshot0.jpg
    screenshot0.jpg
    254.5 KB · Views: 109
I followed those instructions exactly and used the same version of ioreg that was linked. I noticed that org.chameleon.Boot.plist is still in the Extra folder, maybe that's why it's showing up?

screenshot attached, had to convert it to jpg because the original bmp file size was too large.

Please post an updated ioreg. The previous one in post #116 was collected when booted via Chameleon. Don't bother responding until you have saved a new ioreg.

Please post an updated ioreg. The previous one in post #116 was collected when booted via Chameleon. Don't bother responding until you have saved a new ioreg.

Updated ioreg attached.

Attachments

• 3rdI-2.ioreg
    3 MB · Views: 82
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back