Contribute
Register

Probook 4530s: All Ok but USB3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated ioreg attached.

It was collected after booting with Chameleon.

I think your Clover install is chainloading to Chameleon, and OS X is actually being booted from there.

Either that or you've sent the wrong file...

How to tell Clover from Chameleon by looking at ioreg:

- Clover has bootlog in IODeviceTree:/efi/platform (boot-log)
- Chameleon has bootlog in IOService:/MacBookPro8,1 (boot-log) (obviously, the model will vary depending on smbios)

It was collected after booting with Chameleon.

I think your Clover install is chainloading to Chameleon, and OS X is actually being booted from there.

Either that or you've sent the wrong file...

How to tell Clover from Chameleon by looking at ioreg:

- Clover has bootlog in IODeviceTree:/efi/platform (boot-log)
- Chameleon has bootlog in IOService:/MacBookPro8,1 (boot-log) (obviously, the model will vary depending on smbios)

Must be chainloading then. Any way to fix that without doing a clean reinstall? This is getting frustrating...

Must be chainloading then. Any way to fix that without doing a clean reinstall? This is getting frustrating...

Just to make sure of something. Make sure you create a new ioreg. Do not open an existing ioreg file.

Just to make sure of something. Make sure you create a new ioreg. Do not open an existing ioreg file.

The one attached in post #130 was a new file. I'm thinking of updating Clover to 3142 and creating a new ioreg afterwards to see if that resolves the issue.

The one attached in post #130 was a new file. I'm thinking of updating Clover to 3142 and creating a new ioreg afterwards to see if that resolves the issue.

I'll let you see if you can figure out your bootloader issue. You could always do a fresh install...

I'll let you see if you can figure out your bootloader issue. You could always do a fresh install...

Okay, I fixed the chainloading problem with a fresh install but the USB3 problem is still there. New ioreg attached.

Attachments

• 3rdI.ioreg
    1.6 MB · Views: 101
Okay, I fixed the chainloading problem with a fresh install but the USB3 problem is still there. New ioreg attached.

Tapping the wifi card to disable the bluetooth.

Either nguyenmac's suggestion or install a BT firmware uploader (depends on which BT hardware you have).

Either nguyenmac's suggestion or install a BT firmware uploader (depends on which BT hardware you have).

Fixed! Thank you both for all the help :)

Probook 4530s:
just updated to PBI 6.5.12
Now USB3 seems working without device plugged before boot.
Great work guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back