Contribute
Register

ProBook 4420s DSDT errors

Status
Not open for further replies.
I already installed in /S/L/E but it still not working. Everytime I boot with verbose mode, there is no sound assertion loaded. But when I use chameleon, I see sound assertion loaded.

Make sure you remove from Clover/kexts. Repair permissions & rebuild cache. Check for errors during the cache rebuild (system.log).

Make sure you remove from Clover/kexts. Repair permissions & rebuild cache. Check for errors during the cache rebuild (system.log).

I'm sorry Rehab. I just want to make sure that Repair permissions & rebuild cache is like this ->
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions?

Thank you RehabMan for the reply. Now it's working normally. The problem was I checked "Drop OEM_DSM" in clover configuration. It made sound assertion not loaded. So I unchecked it and sound assertion loaded. :)

And I just wonder why my sound works normally while I use Patched AppleHDA.kext from Mavericks. Is it because Apple never update the AppleHDA.kext? or should I use vanilla AppleHDA.kext from Yosemite and then patch it? what do you think? should I? or is it ok to use the old one?

Hello RehabMan, I have 4 USB ports but after I use Clover, only one port can work. Do you know how to fix it? please help. thanks.

Thank you RehabMan for the reply. Now it's working normally. The problem was I checked "Drop OEM_DSM" in clover configuration. It made sound assertion not loaded. So I unchecked it and sound assertion loaded. :)

DSDT options in Clover definitely to be avoided.

And I just wonder why my sound works normally while I use Patched AppleHDA.kext from Mavericks. Is it because Apple never update the AppleHDA.kext? or should I use vanilla AppleHDA.kext from Yosemite and then patch it? what do you think? should I? or is it ok to use the old one?

It is probably ok to use the old one... until it stops working. Then you'll need to patch the new one. Apple updates AppleHDA with almost every release, but old versions seem to work.

Hello RehabMan, I have 4 USB ports but after I use Clover, only one port can work. Do you know how to fix it? please help. thanks.

Are you using the same patched DSDT? Also, check out some of the options for USB in config.plist.

Are you using the same patched DSDT? Also, check out some of the options for USB in config.plist.

Yes, I'm using the same patched DSDT. All ports work when I use Chameleon but when I use Clover, only one port works.

and some of options for USB in config.plist that you meant is like this?

<key>USBInjection</key>
<string>Yes</string>

<key>USBFixOwnership</key>
<string>Yes</string>

Attachments

• chameleon_clover_ioreg.rar
    159.5 KB · Views: 86
Here are org.chameleon.Boot.plist, config.plist and ioreg.

You forgot about ioreg using Chameleon.

Clover DSDT "Fixes" should be avoided. Especially when you already have a patched DSDT.

Check system.log for USB related errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back