Contribute
Register

ProBook 4420s DSDT errors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello again Rehabman, Do you know how to check HDMI and VGA work without using HDMI cable (because I don't have it)? is it using VNC? or is it already supported because my laptop is already QE/CI?

Hello again Rehabman, Do you know how to check HDMI and VGA work without using HDMI cable (because I don't have it)?

Well, you can't test HDMI without a cable and an HDMI monitor.
VGA requires patches to the framebuffer connector tables and generally doesn't work very well.

And I don't have any hardware such as yours, so don't really know the details you might run into...

is it using VNC?

VNC is an app for remote desktop.

or is it already supported because my laptop is already QE/CI?

You would have to test it.

Hello rehabman, does updating to 10.9.5 cause wake problem? Because I can't wake my laptop after I sleep it in 10.9.5, it restarts instead.

Hello rehabman, does updating to 10.9.5 cause wake problem? Because I can't wake my laptop after I sleep it in 10.9.5, it restarts instead.

I don't have that issue on any of my computers. But I don't have the same hardware as you either.

I don't have that issue on any of my computers. But I don't have the same hardware as you either.

Yeah, you are right. There is something wrong with my hardware. Because after I test to sleep on Windows, it has the same problem(wake issue).

Hello again Rehabman, I just upgrade my OS X to Yosemite and all kexts that I use from you works except the battery kext (ACPIBatteryManager.kext). It shows the battery logo but it has cross sign in it. So is there a new kext for the battery?

EDIT: I'm sorry. Now it works. Because I used the wrong kexts for the graphics.

Hello again RehabMan, I just changed my bootloader from chameleon to clover. But one of problems is the sound does not working while battery and backlight works normally.

Please help.

Note:
I already put "dsdt.aml" to EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/ and put "AppleHDA.kext" to EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10

Hello again RehabMan, I just changed my bootloader from chameleon to clover. But one of problems is the sound does not working while battery and backlight works normally.

Please help.

Note:
I already put "dsdt.aml" to EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/ and put "AppleHDA.kext" to EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10

Patched AppleHDA does not work from Clover/kexts. Must be installed to /S/L/E.

Patched AppleHDA does not work from Clover/kexts. Must be installed to /S/L/E.

I already installed in /S/L/E but it still not working. Everytime I boot with verbose mode, there is no sound assertion loaded. But when I use chameleon, I see sound assertion loaded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back