Register

Problems with my Laptop after installing Yosemite

Status
Not open for further replies.
As expected. Read post #22.

Wrong approach.

Which Custom PS2 Map to edit?

There are 5 matches?

Screen Shot 2014-12-12 at 10.26.49 pm.pngScreen Shot 2014-12-12 at 10.27.14 pm.pngScreen Shot 2014-12-12 at 10.27.31 pm.png

Also there are only 2 or 3 entries under them.

SilleBille

None. Your brightness keys are handled via ACPI. Read post #22.

I wonder how you found out that my keyboard is working based on ACPI! :eek:

I tried following the guide in the post #22. I got the keys: _Q1D for low and _Q1C for high.

I tried replacing the code as per your instructions. I got 4 errors while I compiled :think:

I have attached my Edited DSDT and here is the screenshot of the errors:
errors.png

Update: I solved the problem! :headbang: It should be PS2M instead of PS2K. Thank you again for your wonderful help :clap:

SilleBille

Attachments

• Pre-Edited DSDT.zip
    63 KB · Views: 51
Now, to fix audio :geek:

You have replied this:

4. Patched AppleHDA requires DSDT patches...

Audio: Best result with patched AppleHDA. Google 'patch AppleHDA guide'. Search for suitable AppleHDA or patch it yourself. Apply appropriate DSDT patches.

DSDT patches you need for AppleHDA: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch
Apply: "Audio Layout 12" (change layout-id from 12 to the layout-id used by the patched AppleHDA)
Apply: "IRQ Fix"

Determine layout-id from patched AppleHDA.kext:

First you need to know your codec id in decimal. Then look in the Info.plist for AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext (in PlugIns), find your codec id under HDAConfigDefault (there may be many entries in a sloppy patched AppleHDA or only one). The LayoutID that matches your codec id is the layout id you need.

Should I straight away apply the DSDT patch (Audio Layout 12) or should I search google for it and then apply this patch?

Also my codec is: 92HD91Bxx.How to solve my audio issue?

Now, to fix audio :geek:

You have replied this:

Should I straight away apply the DSDT patch (Audio Layout 12) or should I search google for it and then apply this patch?

Also my codec is: 92HD91Bxx.How to solve my audio issue?

You need to find a patched AppleHDA that matches first. Then determine the layout-id... then apply the patches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back