Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Hp DV6 7040tx
CPU
i7 3610QM
Graphics
HD 4000 + 630M
Hi,

I have installed Yosemite 10.10 using Clover by following the guide of RehabMan.

I am facing a few problems:

1. USB 3.0 (Sometime it works, sometimes doesn't)
  2. Brightness Control
  3. No battery Status
  4. Audio
  5. Heat issue

1. USB 3.0
I followed this guide for setting up USB 3.0:

Copy the IOUSBFamily.kext from /System/Library/Extensions to your desktop. Don't move it, copy it. Then rename it to IOUSBFamily.kext.bak. When you rename it, then it shows up as a folder and you can click to Contents and then Plugins folders. Copy your AppleUSBXHCI.kext into the Plugins folder making sure to replace the one that's there. It'll have a newer date on it than the other kext files in there.

Then, rename the desktop IOUSBFamily.kext.bak back to IOUSBFamily.kext. Then use iKext to install this file, ie run iKext and drag it from your desktop into iKext. Reboot, but make sure to delete GenericUSBXHCI.kext.

Whenver I restart, my devices aren't detected. I need to re-install them for getting detected.

2. Brightness Control
I tried installing this kext. But, no use :(

3. Battery Status
I followed this guide. I was not able to find fields greater than 8. (I have attached my DSDT)

4.Audio
I tried installing the AppleHDA and patch it using this guide. The patch_hda was made for 10.7 to 10.9. So, I get struck at that point.

5.Heat Issue
My Laptop is heating a little bit. I think my Nvidia is switched on (Dual graphics 4000+630m). I used config.plist provided by rehabman while installing. Should I do anything else?

Thanks,
SilleBille

Attachments

• Original DSDT.zip
    61.9 KB · Views: 66
Hi,

I have installed Yosemite 10.10 using Clover by following the guide of RehabMan.

2. Brightness Control
  3. No battery Status
  4. Audio
  5. Heat issue

1. USB 3.0

Code:
Copy the IOUSBFamily.kext from /System/Library/Extensions to your desktop. Don't move it, copy it. Then rename it to IOUSBFamily.kext.bak. When you rename it, then it shows up as a folder and you can click to Contents and then Plugins folders. Copy your AppleUSBXHCI.kext into the Plugins folder making sure to replace the one that's there. It'll have a newer date on it than the other kext files in there.

Then, rename the desktop IOUSBFamily.kext.bak back to IOUSBFamily.kext. Then use iKext to install this file, ie run iKext and drag it from your desktop into iKext. Reboot, but make sure to delete GenericUSBXHCI.kext.

Whenver I restart, my devices aren't detected. I need to re-install them for getting detected.

2. Brightness Control

3. Battery Status
I followed this guide. I was not able to find fields greater than 8. (I have attached my DSDT)

4.Audio
I tried installing the AppleHDA and patch it using this guide. The patch_hda was made for 10.7 to 10.9. So, I get struck at that point.

5.Heat Issue
My Laptop is heating a little bit. I think my Nvidia is switched on (Dual graphics 4000+630m). I used config.plist provided by rehabman while installing. Should I do anything else?

Thanks,
SilleBille

Hi,
1. i think you need to patch DSDT for USB 3.0 work.
2. Patch DSDT with Brighness Fix (HD3000/4000). Use the Rehabman Laptop Patch (RLP)
https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch
3. Patch DSDT with the Name of Laptop in the RLP with Modell, which is closest to your Modell and with many Changes as possible.
4. It is hard to say, but you need to know which Audio Chip you have and the HDA is complicated. It took me 3 days to get it working.
5. the Nvidia should be turned off, coz Hackintosh can only work with 01 Grafik Card at a time. Real Mac uses another Chip to switch from IGPU to dedicate Grafik Card.
To turn off:
- try in Bios if you can turn Nvidia there off
- patch DSDT to turn it off.

Good hack!

Hi,

2. Brightness Control
  3. No battery Status
  4. Audio
  5. Heat issue

1. USB 3.0

Code:

2. Brightness Control

3. Battery Status

4.Audio

5.Heat Issue

Thanks,
SilleBille

1. Well known fact that USB 3.0 with Yosemite is a pain.
4. You need to see what audio codec you have, use a linux live USB and do a codec_dump.
5. Sounds like power management not implemented properly, read the stickies.

Hi,
1. i think you need to patch DSDT for USB 3.0 work.
2. Patch DSDT with Brighness Fix (HD3000/4000). Use the Rehabman Laptop Patch (RLP)
https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch
3. Patch DSDT with the Name of Laptop in the RLP with Modell, which is closest to your Modell and with many Changes as possible.
4. It is hard to say, but you need to know which Audio Chip you have and the HDA is complicated. It took me 3 days to get it working.
5. the Nvidia should be turned off, coz Hackintosh can only work with 01 Grafik Card at a time. Real Mac uses another Chip to switch from IGPU to dedicate Grafik Card.
To turn off:
- try in Bios if you can turn Nvidia there off
- patch DSDT to turn it off.

Good hack!

1. Did you come across any guide for patching DSDT for USB 3.0?
2. I'll try that and report back
3. I'll try that too and report back
4. My codec is IDT 92HD91Bxx.
5. There is no BIOS option. Do you any guide for the patch?

1. Well known fact that USB 3.0 with Yosemite is a pain.
4. You need to see what audio codec you have, use a linux live USB and do a codec_dump.
5. Sounds like power management not implemented properly, read the stickies.

1. Seems weird! o_O
4. My Audio Codec is IDT 92HD91Bxx
5. I'll check that :)

Hi,

2. Brightness Control
  3. No battery Status
  4. Audio
  5. Heat issue

1. USB 3.0

2. Brightness Control

3. Battery Status

4.Audio

5.Heat Issue

Thanks,
SilleBille

1. Weird instructions you have there... Use either stock AppleUSBXHCI.kext (and IOUSBFamily), potentially with DSDT patches, or add GenericUSBHXCH.kext.

2. HD3000/HD4000 Brightness Fix:
DSDT Patches from here: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch

Apply:
"Rename GFX0 to IGPU"
"Brightness Fix (HD3000/HD4000)"
- rename patch must be done first and to all DSDT/SSDT that contain references to GFX0 that you're including in your final SSDT set
- Brightness patch must be done to the DSDT or SSDT that contains the definition for Device GFX0 (search for 'Device (GFX0)'
- Place DSDT and SSDT (if necessary) into a place where the bootloader will load them. For Clover, EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched (DSDT.aml, SSDT-x.aml where 'x' is a number). For Chameleon, /Extra/ssdt.aml, /Exra/ssdt-1.aml, /Extra/ssdt-2.aml, etc.

Install: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-ACPI-Backlight

3. Already replied in the battery thread. You didn't search very well for >8 bit fields...

4. Patched AppleHDA requires DSDT patches...

Audio: Best result with patched AppleHDA. Google 'patch AppleHDA guide'. Search for suitable AppleHDA or patch it yourself. Apply appropriate DSDT patches.

DSDT patches you need for AppleHDA: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch
Apply: "Audio Layout 12" (change layout-id from 12 to the layout-id used by the patched AppleHDA)
Apply: "IRQ Fix"

Determine layout-id from patched AppleHDA.kext:

First you need to know your codec id in decimal. Then look in the Info.plist for AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext (in PlugIns), find your codec id under HDAConfigDefault (there may be many entries in a sloppy patched AppleHDA or only one). The LayoutID that matches your codec id is the layout id you need.

5. You should check that power management is implemented correctly. See: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...-bridge-ivy-bridge-haswell-other-laptops.html. Also you can disable the nvidia with DSDT/SSDT edits (call _OFF from _INI). There are plenty of examples on these forums that you could learn from.

1. Weird instructions you have there... Use either stock AppleUSBXHCI.kext (and IOUSBFamily), potentially with DSDT patches, or add GenericUSBHXCH.kext.

2. HD3000/HD4000 Brightness Fix:
DSDT Patches from here: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch

Apply:
"Rename GFX0 to IGPU"
"Brightness Fix (HD3000/HD4000)"
- rename patch must be done first and to all DSDT/SSDT that contain references to GFX0 that you're including in your final SSDT set
- Brightness patch must be done to the DSDT or SSDT that contains the definition for Device GFX0 (search for 'Device (GFX0)'
- Place DSDT and SSDT (if necessary) into a place where the bootloader will load them. For Clover, EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched (DSDT.aml, SSDT-x.aml where 'x' is a number). For Chameleon, /Extra/ssdt.aml, /Exra/ssdt-1.aml, /Extra/ssdt-2.aml, etc.

Install: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-ACPI-Backlight

3. Already replied in the battery thread. You didn't search very well for >8 bit fields...

4. Patched AppleHDA requires DSDT patches...

Audio: Best result with patched AppleHDA. Google 'patch AppleHDA guide'. Search for suitable AppleHDA or patch it yourself. Apply appropriate DSDT patches.

DSDT patches you need for AppleHDA: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch
Apply: "Audio Layout 12" (change layout-id from 12 to the layout-id used by the patched AppleHDA)
Apply: "IRQ Fix"

Determine layout-id from patched AppleHDA.kext:

First you need to know your codec id in decimal. Then look in the Info.plist for AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext (in PlugIns), find your codec id under HDAConfigDefault (there may be many entries in a sloppy patched AppleHDA or only one). The LayoutID that matches your codec id is the layout id you need.

5. You should check that power management is implemented correctly. See: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...-bridge-ivy-bridge-haswell-other-laptops.html. Also you can disable the nvidia with DSDT/SSDT edits (call _OFF from _INI). There are plenty of examples on these forums that you could learn from.

I'm trying out your solutions one by one. I tried with Brightness fix.

This is what I did:
1. Used your patch to rename GFX0 to IGPU in DSDT. (This Patch)
2. Used the same patch to rename GFX0 to IGPU in SSDT-3 (No where else GFX0 was defined).
3. I got a few errors: (Even without any patch applied I get this error) :crazy:
Screen Shot 2014-12-09 at 12.06.50 am.png
I get the same errors even after applying your patch. Please help.

Edit:
Forgot to attach. Attached the SSDT-3 file.

SilleBille

Attachments

• System SSDT-3.zip
    9.3 KB · Views: 59

This is what I did:
2. Used the same patch to rename GFX0 to IGPU in SSDT-3 (No where else GFX0 was defined).
3. I got a few errors: (Even without any patch applied I get this error) :crazy:
View attachment 117331

SilleBille

Attachment is broken. You must resolve all errors in prior to applying patches.

This is what I did:
View attachment 117336

Edit:
Forgot to attach. Attached the SSDT-3 file.

SilleBille

You do not need SSDT-3 unless you plan to disable nvidia (a good idea)...

If you plan to do that, then you'll need to fix the errors. But most of the errors are in it due to improper disassembly....

You will get a better disassembly if you disassemble all at once...

You will need to extract all DSDT/SSDT from Linux. They are available in /sys/firmware/acpi/tables and /sys/firmware/acpi/tables/dynamic. Place them on USB or otherwise transfer to OS X.

It is not necessary to install Linux. Simply run it from USB: http://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop/create-a-usb-stick-on-windows

In Linux Terminal:
Code:
# substitute DEST with the mountpoint of a FAT32 formatted USB stick
sudo cp -R /sys/firmware/acpi/tables DEST

Place all SSDT/DSDT in a single directory (rename them to *.aml as you move them) and use a recent build of iasl to disassemble:
https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/acpica/downloads
Code:
cd "to directory where you placed all SSDT/DSDT"
iasl -da -dl *.aml

Then work with the resulting *.dsl. You'll find you have less errors to deal with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back