Graphics
Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator X3100
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi guys, THANKS A MILLION!!! that's just an amazing job you do!!!

now a question: just installed the system on my HP Compaq 6710b. It took less then 30 minutes.

Got to the point where I have to select options from MultiBeast. But, however, it takes ages just to select a tick. Can you tell me what's wrong. I am waiting for 20 minutes to have the hibernate mode changed from desktop to laptop and it still thinks...

Should it take that long or do I have a problem?

I don't have a DSDT file for the machine, so I selected the DSDT-free install and started to select options. The first one was hibernation and I still wait...

Even tried to quit the program and start over with easybeast...same there... it just takes hours...

Please help

Hi guys, THANKS A MILLION!!! that's just an amazing job you do!!!

now a question: just installed the system on my HP Compaq 6710b. It took less then 30 minutes.

Got to the point where I have to select options from MultiBeast. But, however, it takes ages just to select a tick. Can you tell me what's wrong. I am waiting for 20 minutes to have the hibernate mode changed from desktop to laptop and it still thinks...

Should it take that long or do I have a problem?

I don't have a DSDT file for the machine, so I selected the DSDT-free install and started to select options. The first one was hibernation and I still wait...

Even tried to quit the program and start over with easybeast...same there... it just takes hours...

Please help

If this is for the computer in your profile, Yosemite does not support GMA X3100. GMA X3100 went away with the transition to 64-bit only in Mountain Lion. So, Snow Leopard supports it and maybe Lion, but only with the 32-bit kernel.

Thanks for prompt response to my problem. I was kind of becoming desperate. This is my first try and I really would not like to fail... :)
So, what should I do?
Should I shift back to Snow Leopard 32?
And where to find a disc with Snow Leopard 32?
Could you help with info?

And one more thing, after formatting in Mac standard, can I, and if yes, how can I shift back to NTFS format, if I want to install W7 to extract DSDT?
And how can I get rid of the 200Mb partition on it which contains the startup data and prevents the BIOS from understanding the CD-ROM for W& clean install?

sorry for these many questions, but again, this is my first time... :) I'am a virgin, if I may say so... :)

Thanks for prompt response to my problem. I was kind of becoming desperate. This is my first try and I really would not like to fail... :)
So, what should I do?
Should I shift back to Snow Leopard 32?
And where to find a disc with Snow Leopard 32?
Could you help with info?

The Snow Leopard DVD can be purchased from apple.com. There is a link in the Buyer's Guide.

And one more thing, after formatting in Mac standard, can I, and if yes, how can I shift back to NTFS format, if I want to install W7 to extract DSDT?

You can dual boot: http://www.tonymacx86.com/multi-booting/96000-guide-dual-booting-mountain-lion-windows-8-a.html

But if it is just to extract DSDT, you can do that from a Linux USB or do it prior to installing OS X... or even from OS X once you get it running (assuming you don't need DSDT patches to reach the installer).

And how can I get rid of the 200Mb partition on it which contains the startup data and prevents the BIOS from understanding the CD-ROM for W& clean install?

Not sure I understand. Are you referring to the EFI partition on your HDD?

Yes, the EFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back