Graphics
EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ Superclocked
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I'm running OS X 10.10.5 on Chimera V4.1.0.

The first time I ran iMessage and FaceTime they both got stuck at logging in. They were trying to log in infinitely (they would never report any error message, but never logged in).

I did some research on this issue and soon found the "How to Fix iMessage" thread. I have been following this guide step by step for hours.

I have changed SMBIOS, the S/N, the SmUUID, I downloaded the latest FileNVRAM.dylib, created a nvram.uuid.plist and FaceTime is working fine now after all this. As iMessage still wouldn't log me in, I continued with the guide. Until MLB and ROM.

Running iMessageDebugV2 shows that MLB and ROM values are invalid (failed). I introduced new values manually according with the guide and iMessageDebugV2 shows them properly. But after reboot MLB and ROM were invalid again.

I don't have a clue how to solve this. In the guide it's said to try changing Chimera or FileNVRAM versions, but Chimera 4.1.0 is the only available Boot-Loader I have for Yosemite. And according to the guide, the FileNVRAM I got is the only one working for Yosemite.

Any help will be highly appreciated :)

Same problem here. Looks like adding any of the FileNVRAM.dylib proposed (including the one that comes with the kext) when using Yosemite and Chimera 4.1.0 not only does not fix the problem, but can cause boot issues (and even CMOS ones?)...

I'm running OS X 10.10.5 on Chimera V4.1.0.

The first time I ran iMessage and FaceTime they both got stuck at logging in. They were trying to log in infinitely (they would never report any error message, but never logged in).

I did some research on this issue and soon found the "How to Fix iMessage" thread. I have been following this guide step by step for hours.

I have changed SMBIOS, the S/N, the SmUUID, I downloaded the latest FileNVRAM.dylib, created a nvram.uuid.plist and FaceTime is working fine now after all this. As iMessage still wouldn't log me in, I continued with the guide. Until MLB and ROM.

Running iMessageDebugV2 shows that MLB and ROM values are invalid (failed). I introduced new values manually according with the guide and iMessageDebugV2 shows them properly. But after reboot MLB and ROM were invalid again.

I don't have a clue how to solve this. In the guide it's said to try changing Chimera or FileNVRAM versions, but Chimera 4.1.0 is the only available Boot-Loader I have for Yosemite. And according to the guide, the FileNVRAM I got is the only one working for Yosemite.

Any help will be highly appreciated :)

You'd have more luck using Clover instead of Chimera.

Tried briefly using Clover (on a failed El Capitan install). It seems to "contaminate" the BIOS, adding more and more UEFI boot entries, and had to reflash the BIOS to get rid of them. Any easy way to prevent this from happening?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back