Contribute
Register

Problems with 4530s Xu015UT ACPI or HPET or DSDT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
coplate said:
BigDonkey said:
@coplate

I re-read the whole topic. If you still have 10.6.8 installed.
Please use dsdt.aml blueking posted and install NullCPUPowerManagement in /S/L/E
I'm pretty sure it will boot the system correctly.

I'll try that tonight.

I have tried using that in /Extra/Extensions before, without any luck, but, I didn't have the DSDT blueking posted.

to use this, do I need to remove anything in the Apple kext?
No need to remove anything and /Extra/Extensions should work too.

It seems this breaks my sleep.

Not to mention it adds like 10 seconds to boot up.

BigDonkey said:
@coplate

Please use dsdt.aml blueking posted and install NullCPUPowerManagement in /S/L/E

No luck, this odes the same thing as using iBoot witht ht DSDT which doesnt work for me, pposted in the firs post as just hanging, I didnt post the -v version, but the ui shows the spinning thing never stops.

Here is a picture of it

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    182.8 KB · Views: 181
coplate said:
BigDonkey said:
@coplate

No luck, this odes the same thing as using iBoot witht ht DSDT which doesnt work for me, pposted in the firs post as just hanging, I didnt post the -v version, but the ui shows the spinning thing never stops.

Here is a picture of it
Actually, that looks good. Don't change anything. I will send you another dsdt.aml based on your dsl posted couple posts above.

This difference in the file I posted, and the file you have upladed, when I put these values into my file give me the HPET Panic:
Code:
473c478
<     OperationRegion (GNVS, SystemMemory, 0xBCF5C918, 0x019F)
---
>     OperationRegion (GNVS, SystemMemory, 0xBCE71918, 0x019F)
659c664
<     OperationRegion (ASMA, SystemMemory, 0xBCF5E018, 0x1060)
---
>     OperationRegion (ASMA, SystemMemory, 0xBCE73018, 0x1060)
665c670
<     OperationRegion (AF10, SystemMemory, 0xBCF60018, 0x0A16)
---
>     OperationRegion (AF10, SystemMemory, 0xBCE75018, 0x0A16)
735c740
<     OperationRegion (HPDF, SystemMemory, 0xBCF61E18, 0x017C)
---
>     OperationRegion (HPDF, SystemMemory, 0xBCE76E18, 0x017C)
794c799
<     OperationRegion (HPD2, SystemMemory, 0xBCC8EF18, 0x6D)
---
>     OperationRegion (HPD2, SystemMemory, 0xBBE83F18, 0x6D)
811c816
<     OperationRegion (HPBR, SystemMemory, 0xBCF5DF18, 0x7E)
---
>     OperationRegion (HPBR, SystemMemory, 0xBCE72F18, 0x7E)

All of these are at an offset of 0xEB000 bytes from my vanilla DSDT to the ones you have posted.

When I put these memory addresses for these FROM my DSDT INTO the dsdt blueking posted, I can boot, making no other changes.

I do not need to use NullCPU... when I do this

So, Can I think that for some reason, my computer has these "OperationRegion" in a differnt location from most other hp4530s?

I cant find a good reference to what this is, atleast not in the ACPI spec pdf I downloaded.

I made this same change to the F0A DSDT from the HP Installer package, and it also succeeds.

I'd love to compare these values with the DSDTs in the 4730, and the 4530 ( with radeon ), just to see how those memory addresses compare, in case this model is the beginning of some transation in the production line, or some sort of fluke.

But I do not know how to extract those from the HP Installer pkg

If you still need it. Based on your dsl. Compiles cleanly.
Interesting findings.

Attachments

• dsdt.aml.zip
    47.2 KB · Views: 80
Thanks for your time bigDonkey and blueking for posting thos DSDTs for me to look at, and for giving me ideas on where to look.

Does anyone know what the "OperationRegion" are, or you think I should go over the the DSDT forum for this question.

Do you think there is anyway to script this into the HP Installer? Perhaps it can go in as "4530s F0A -Try this if you get Kernel Panic: No HPETs Available", under the Extras sections

Clearly there is something different from my model, from other peoples?

I may put up a solved thread for this particular HPET issue, so anyone googling it can find it without too much difficulty, or do you think I can just mark this one as solved instead?

I've thought about trying to implement a on the go DSDT patcher. But I can't think of any options that can run without internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back