Graphics
HD4600
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
So I m in trouble with my kids. I took a pretty rock stable Mavericks Mackintosh build and ran the update process for Yosemite. Since then I have not had a usable system.

I am using Chimera on EFI boot loader and have updated to v4 (I believe - the message at the boot screen says something about v2.2 but I believe that is the base version of Chameleon?).

The only way I could get a boot is to specify IGPlatformID=0d220003 which I believe is the default anyway. I also have to specify "Graphics Mode"="1920x1080x32" to avoid getting a screen res of 1024x768.

I have now run Multibeast and can boot the system with no input after manually adding the IGPlatformID to my boot parameters.

Problem is the system is slow and the screen is flickery. I think this is because the system reports just 7MB of video RAM which I have seen reported elsewhere but can see no real fix for other than setting the IGPlatformID.

I also notice that Multicast seems really sluggish (even though system monitor does not seem to report any real CPU hogging.

I have not made any changes to bios or system config since the Mavericks build.

Gigabyte H97-HD3, Intel i7 4770k, inbuilt graphics (HDMI), Inbuilt ehternet and audio. 240GB SSD boot drive, 3TB Hard Disk. 16GB memory.

I have checked that Vt-D is disabled in bios

Multibeast:
Quick Start>DSDT Free
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > ALC892
Driver > Disk > 3rd Party SATA
Drivers > Graphics > Intel Graphics Patch for Mixed Configurations
Drivers> Misc>EvOreboot
Drivers>Misc>Fake SMC v6.11.1328
Drivers>Misc>NullCPUPowerManagement
Drivers>Network>Intel>AppleIntelE1000e v3.1.0
Customize>Boot>Chimera v4.0.0
Customize>Boot Options>1080p Display Mode
Customize>Boot Options>Basic Boot Options
Customize>Boot Options>Hibernate Mode - Desktop
Customize>Boot Options>Kext Dev Mode
Customize>Boot Options>Use Kernel Cache
Customize>Boot Options>Verbose Boot
Customize>SystemDefinitions>iMac>iMac 14,2

I have also added the IGPlatformID to org.chameleon.Boot.plist with a value of 0d220003

In addition to the screen flicker I get some panics after a random period of running with the feed zone element has been modified in chalk.64 error with the expected deadbeaf stuff. Kernel module causing the panic varies.

I have reinstalled the 10.9.3.9 AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext

Can anyone shed any light on this?

So I m in trouble with my kids. I took a pretty rock stable Mavericks Mackintosh build and ran the update process for Yosemite. Since then I have not had a usable system.

I am using Chimera on EFI boot loader and have updated to v4 (I believe - the message at the boot screen says something about v2.2 but I believe that is the base version of Chameleon?).

The only way I could get a boot is to specify IGPlatformID=0d220003 which I believe is the default anyway. I also have to specify "Graphics Mode"="1920x1080x32" to avoid getting a screen res of 1024x768.

I have now run Multibeast and can boot the system with no input after manually adding the IGPlatformID to my boot parameters.

Problem is the system is slow and the screen is flickery. I think this is because the system reports just 7MB of video RAM which I have seen reported elsewhere but can see no real fix for other than setting the IGPlatformID.

I also notice that Multicast seems really sluggish (even though system monitor does not seem to report any real CPU hogging.

I have not made any changes to bios or system config since the Mavericks build.

Gigabyte H97-HD3, Intel i7 4770k, inbuilt graphics (HDMI), Inbuilt ehternet and audio. 240GB SSD boot drive, 3TB Hard Disk. 16GB memory.

I have checked that Vt-D is disabled in bios

Multibeast:
Quick Start>DSDT Free
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > ALC892
Driver > Disk > 3rd Party SATA
Drivers > Graphics > Intel Graphics Patch for Mixed Configurations
Drivers> Misc>EvOreboot
Drivers>Misc>Fake SMC v6.11.1328
Drivers>Misc>NullCPUPowerManagement
Drivers>Network>Intel>AppleIntelE1000e v3.1.0
Customize>Boot>Chimera v4.0.0
Customize>Boot Options>1080p Display Mode
Customize>Boot Options>Basic Boot Options
Customize>Boot Options>Hibernate Mode - Desktop
Customize>Boot Options>Kext Dev Mode
Customize>Boot Options>Use Kernel Cache
Customize>Boot Options>Verbose Boot
Customize>SystemDefinitions>iMac>iMac 14,2

I have also added the IGPlatformID to org.chameleon.Boot.plist with a value of 0d220003

In addition to the screen flicker I get some panics after a random period of running with the feed zone element has been modified in chalk.64 error with the expected deadbeaf stuff. Kernel module causing the panic varies.

I have reinstalled the 10.9.3.9 AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext

Can anyone shed any light on this?

I would change your Multibeast config and remove 3rd
Party Sata and the Intel Graphics Patch then reboot.

Len

Len

Cheers Len, I had already taken out the 3rd Party SATA after studying the description late last night. System was more stable but still poor performing graphics. I will check your other suggestion tonight.

Len

I am now booting with those two items removed. The system appears more stable , I will run the system overnight to see what happens. (Spoke too soon, just crashed after 2 minutes of up time)

The system still only recognises 7MB of video memory.

The verbose boot log shows:

--------------------------------------------
----------INTEL DEVICE INFO ------------
---------------------------------------------
Class Code [0300]
Intel Graphics HD4600 [8086:0412] (rev 06)
Subsystem: [1458:d000] :: PciRoot(0x1)/Pci(0x2,0x0)
Using default ig-platform-id of 0d220003
-----------------------------------------------

HD4600, do not select.

Thanks for the response
I have removed this now. Maybe a slight increase in stability but still only 7MB of ram for the Video card!

I have the exact same problem. If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back