Graphics
GTX 760
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I've done a fair bit of reading and have decided to ask for help after trying for days to get this setup on my new PC.

My motherboard is a Z87-PRO and I understand I must install the Yosemite via Clover..

I've tried doing the multibeast install which works however won't let me boot from my hardrive which I need to do and I was not able to fix it despite the suggested fix, I recieved the boot0 error upon startup.

I've managed to get the install going on clover by following the guide. It lets me select my USB to install Yosemite from, the loading bar goes to completion but then gives me a grey screen with :beachball: cursor for hours and will not let me continue..

Is there anything I can do to get this working and bootable from my hardrive and not using a USB? It seems like such a simple thing as obviously I can take my USB out after i've booted using multibeast but will not let me boot without the USB.

Thanks for any suggestions and pointers.

from the Clover Boot menu screen

navigate to your system boot hard drive with your arrow keys

press the space bar on that system boot drive

from this new menu, select boot OSX in Verbose mode

this will allow you to boot OS X with a text screen instead of the Grey Apple screen and this will show you what OSX is loading

as your system currently hangs during boot, this time you will see where it hangs. At that point, take a very clear photo of the screen and then reply to the forum with that image (jpeg). Someone knowledgeable may be able to figure out what's causing your issue from your screen shot.

BTW Booting from your hard drive in UEFI mode requires you to set your hard drive in the BIOS with the UEFI prefix (do not select e.g P0, P1, etc, like you would with Chimera)

Thanks.

I've not managed to run it off the unibeast USB drive by applying this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ix0BtrKitMs

Then by fixing boot0 error by unmounting the harddrive using the yosemite install setup and rebooting.

Im not nearly done but I have one more problem. Im having trouble with the WIFI adapter and can only use the ethernet port which is considerably slower on my PC. The adapter that came with the Z87-PRO motherboard is not displaying and it is Atheros. Whenever I re-run multibeast to attempt to get it to work I have to re-do all my fixes as this seems to remount the hardrive again..

Any suggestions about how I can add the WIFI?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back