Graphics
EVGA GT 740 SC
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
After putting together my build and getting everything working I started installing software that I own. When installing Propellerheads Reason 7 the installer told me that it would install an extension used for software licensing, that's when my problems started. After installing Reason my system would not start up, the progress bar under the apple logo would get to the end and just hang there.

I tried a bunch of different solutions, booting safe mode, looking into verbose messages, removing gfx card, thunderbolt card, and going down to the bare minimum hardware and still no luck. In verbose I'd see it hang on lines containing AWDL messages (Apple Wireless Direct Link) and finally a message suggesting to rebuild the kernel.

Luckily I have a MacBookPro to run tests with, the drive would boot when connected externally to my MBP but not to my build. After booting up on the MBP I uninstalled the codemeter app (an app reason installs for authorization), removed the CmUSBMassStorage.kext, and re-installed multibeast now I have a working build again but can't seem to run my purchased copy of reason, it insists on installing an extension which causes my build not to boot fully.

My question is this: Is anyone running a copy of Propellerheads Reason 7 or above on their build? If so, were there any problems after installation? Any workarounds that had to be performed?

My build:
El Capitan
Asus Z97 Deluxe (NFC & WLC)
Intel Core i7-4790K
EVGA GT 740 SC
Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB x 4
Corsair AX860 PSU
Corsair Hydro Series High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler H60
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 2.5-Inch SATA III Internal SSD x 2
Seagate Barracuda 1 TB
Working Wifi, Bluetooth, and Thunderbolt

Rules said:
Do not cross post or create identical threads in multiple forums.
Duplicate threads will be deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back