Contribute
Register

Problem with software RAID

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I've using RAID 0 since day 1 of my Hackintosh but recently I've been stumbling upon some problems recently.

It started last week with having some problems reading stuff from the RAID. Everything was really slow and the spinning wheel of death occurred over and over again. Now I don't even see the disks in finder (but I can see them in Disk Utility). Anyone have a clue how to solve the problems with invisible/slow disks? The disk is called Indigo

Screen Shot 2014-08-15 at 17.22.39.png

When I am trying to repair the RAID via Disk Utility this comes up. Is there a workaround?
Screen Shot 2014-08-16 at 02.17.14.png

Nope most likely one of your drives is failing. You did have a recent backup? You should be able to see the SMART info on your drives in disk utility. But anything you put on a raid 0 drive you should be willing to lose (or make regular backups).

Ah, but I have to partitions on the RAID. One of those are invisible/can't repair (named: Indigo) and the other one is visible and working (named: Backup). If it was failing it feels like both of them would be non-accessible.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah, but I have to partitions on the RAID. One of those are invisible/can't repair (named: Indigo) and the other one is visible and working (named: Backup). If it was failing it feels like both of them would be non-accessible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back