Contribute
Register

Problem with Native Access

Weird! Anybody on Mojave or all affected users on later OS’ses?

***Should had read carefully, yes for some. Why am I not affected?

*** Oh, @nekapsule didn’t had troubles on Mojave neither… Are you on Clover? I’m on a really old Clover BTW.

My Mojave setup was indeed using Clover.

This is mostly a side effect of using OpenCore’s DeviceProperties to patch values that should remain a String and get converted to Data.

Clover used to generate binary patches or DSDTs.

Last edited:
Just came here to revive this thread and update that the latest version of OpenCore - OCPL 0.62 seems to have fixed this issue for me.

The patching no longer applied the problematic DeviceProperties value of "#display" and everything seems to work fine. I'm running Ventura 13.2.1 on a 2011 iMac with an upgraded graphics card (Quadro K2100M).

Adding the below to DeviceProperties also fixed this issue for me.

<key>DeviceProperties</key>
<dict>
<key>Add</key>
<dict>
<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)</key>
<dict>
<key>disable-gpu</key>
<true/>

Cool. Disabling it seemed to have other knock-on effects for me on an iMac (no internal speaker output, sleep issues)

Hiya, for anyone running across this in the future: Native Instruments just introduced Native Access 2.0, which is Electron based. I have no idea if they re-used the GPU checking code, but I think it's somewhat unlikely. Meaning with some luck, the IOName crashes are gone for good.

As an Electron App, for some it may introduce a similar launch crash though:

"exception" : {"port":515,"signal":"SIGKILL","guardId":0,"codes":"0x0000000000000203, 0x0000000000000000","violations":["ILLEGAL_MOVE"],"message":" ILLEGAL_MOVE on mach port 515 (guarded with 0x0000000000000000)","subtype":"GUARD_TYPE_MACH_PORT","type":"EXC_GUARD","rawCodes":[515,0]},

Or, if you're running through terminal, you get something like GPU process isn't usable. Goodbye.. You can read more about the issue here.

The fix, for me, was to remove amfi_get_out_of_my_way=1 from my boot-args.

Last edited:
Back