Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello,

I'm new in hackintosh's world, and here is my first build:

- GA Z68MA-D2H-B3 (F4)
- Intel Core i5 2500K
- 16 Go RAM DDR3 @ 1333 Mhz
- ASUS AMD Radeon HD6670 1Go

I installed Lion 10.7.2 using the Unibeast method (thanks to tonymac and the comunity)
installed multibeast userDSDT and some others minors patchs (ethernet)

I can boot with "PCIRootUID=0"
I added this flag to "org.chameleon.boot.plist" and the boot works fine now without any command.

So in "about this mac" screen, i can see Graphics : Ati Radeon HD 6xxx (and not 6670)
My résolution is HDMI 1920 x 1080.

Why the card isn't correctly named ? Is it correctly installed ?

what can I do for fix it and install the card correctly ?
This card is recommended in Tonymac Custom Builds... But a lot of people have some issues with it.

Thanks for your help and excuse me for my bad english.

I used a 6670 on a Final Cut Pro workstation and it worked without problem. Only had to use GraphicsEnabler=NO

The 6xxx in System Profiler is likely a cosmetic issue.

To confirm QE/CI are working go to System Preferences/Mission Control and uncheck the box for Show Dashboard as a Space.

Then open Dashboard and try adding a new Widget....it should show ripples around the Widget if QE/CI is enabled.

If you have QE/CI, can change resolutions and have no other issues, then it is likely a cosmetic issue.....and you could fix it by patching the SMBIOS. plist

Thanks for your answer.

But I can't run Geekbench. I will test the graphic enabler= no and I tell to you the results.

Thanks a lot

If you can boot and get graphics, you likely already have the GE=NO in your plist.

Curious, why can't you run Geekbench? You can run it in 32 bit mode for free.

I have read that you can't run geekbench when your GC isn't installed, and maybe your DVD Reader crashes.

Geekbench (32 & 64) crahes at startup and i can't open it.

Here is my ioreg | grep ATY command:
Code:
Mac-Pro-de-RiderFx3:~ riderfx3$ ioreg | grep ATY
    | |   |   | +-o ATY,ATY,RadeonFramebuffer@0  <class AtiFbStub, id 0x10000025a, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (476 ms), retain 7>
    | |   |   | +-o ATY,ATY,RadeonFramebuffer@1  <class AtiFbStub, id 0x10000025b, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (3 ms), retain 7>
    | |   |   | +-o ATY,ATY,RadeonFramebuffer@2  <class AtiFbStub, id 0x10000025c, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (3 ms), retain 7>

Try to boot with "AtiPorts=3", "AtiConfig=Pithecia" and "GraphicsEnabler=Yes without PCIRootUID=0. My system fully recognizes as "AMD Radeon HD 6670 1024 MB" and DVD player works now (crashed before). Hope this works for you too. :)

Thanks a lot for this tips !!!!
I will test that tonight. I cross my fingers !

I will come back for tell you the result.

I have a big problem now... Kernel Panic, and OSX don't boot.
So I must format and reinstall OSX ... Arfff...

Did you have "org.chameleon.boot.plist" and "com.Apple.boot.plist" in the same Extra folder? Or only "org.chameleon.boot.plist" ?

I think it's possible that the 2 files generated a conflict...

WAIT: try to boot with your rBoot disk, I have always been able to recover and never had to reinstall on several builds....

Use rBoot and manually remove whatever files you added, you may have to try a few boot flags to get you in....GraphicsEnabler=NO and maybe -x -v PCIRootUID=1

I only have had one at a time....not sure how you got 2 of them???

If you decide to reinstall, you might create a 16 GB partition and install another copy of Lion on your HDD so you can use that to access the first as you are troubleshooting, it is also a good backup in case an install or update goes bad, so you can keep working if you need to....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back