ATI HD5770
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi All

I have just done a fresh install on my pro book 4540s and everything seems ok. I have noticed that it's slower to boot than mountain lion, but not to bad. One strange thing is that i have the Atheros AR5b185 installed, and this worked ok in mountain lion. Both wifi and Bluetooth. However with Mavericks i have no bluetooth,but wifi is ok, system report shows no device connected. Now when i put the computer to sleep and wake it up the bluetooth is now available and works fine, after a restart or startup from cold it's gone again. Has anybody any ideas?

Update:- Just booted my Mavericks install with my UniBeast stick and bluetooth works after a few seconds, but not when booting from installed drive!!!

Hi All

I have just done a fresh install on my pro book 4540s and everything seems ok. I have noticed that it's slower to boot than mountain lion, but not to bad. One strange thing is that i have the Atheros AR5b185 installed, and this worked ok in mountain lion. Both wifi and Bluetooth. However with Mavericks i have no bluetooth,but wifi is ok, system report shows no device connected. Now when i put the computer to sleep and wake it up the bluetooth is now available and works fine, after a restart or startup from cold it's gone again. Has anybody any ideas?

Update:- Just booted my Mavericks install with my UniBeast stick and bluetooth works after a few seconds, but not when booting from installed drive!!!

Repair permissions & rebuild cache. It sounds as if IOath3kfrmwr.kext is not loading or something (check system.log for errors). After restart there should be no issue as the BT firmware is already loaded. Keep in mind, it takes about 30 sec for BT to start working...

Hi RehabMan

Thanks for the help.

I repaired permissions and Rebuit cache's and still the same problem. Found an issue in the system log about bluetooth transport being missing.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-12-20 at 16.08.08.png
    Screen Shot 2013-12-20 at 16.08.08.png
    26.9 KB · Views: 668
Hi RehabMan

Thanks for the help.

I repaired permissions and Rebuit cache's and still the same problem. Found an issue in the system log about bluetooth transport being missing.

Check for errors from IOath3kfrmwr.kext.

And don't forget to give it 30 seconds... Check for status in System Information...

Check for errors from IOath3kfrmwr.kext.

And don't forget to give it 30 seconds... Check for status in System Information...

Kext seems to be loaded ok, along with a warning at some point!

20/12/2013 15:24:23.000 kernel[0]: IOath3kfrmwr: Version 1.2.0 starting
20/12/2013 15:24:23.000 kernel[0]: IOath3kfrmwr: firmware loaded successfully!
20/12/2013 15:36:26.000 kernel[0]: IOath3kfrmwr: Version 1.2.0 starting
20/12/2013 15:36:26.000 kernel[0]: IOath3kfrmwr: firmware loaded successfully!
20/12/2013 15:44:37.563 com.apple.kextcache[303]: WARNING - Invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/IOath3kfrmwr.kext"
20/12/2013 16:21:13.000 kernel[0]: IOath3kfrmwr: Version 1.2.0 starting
20/12/2013 16:21:13.000 kernel[0]: IOath3kfrmwr: firmware loaded successfully!

last boot at 16.21 is ok.

I can wait 1 hour and the Bluetooth never comes alive, but uniBeast boot to mavericks works within 10 seconds. I have installed Mavericks a couple of times with the same problem.

Kext seems to be loaded ok, along with a warning at some point!

20/12/2013 15:24:23.000 kernel[0]: IOath3kfrmwr: Version 1.2.0 starting
20/12/2013 15:24:23.000 kernel[0]: IOath3kfrmwr: firmware loaded successfully!
20/12/2013 15:36:26.000 kernel[0]: IOath3kfrmwr: Version 1.2.0 starting
20/12/2013 15:36:26.000 kernel[0]: IOath3kfrmwr: firmware loaded successfully!
20/12/2013 15:44:37.563 com.apple.kextcache[303]: WARNING - Invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/IOath3kfrmwr.kext"
20/12/2013 16:21:13.000 kernel[0]: IOath3kfrmwr: Version 1.2.0 starting
20/12/2013 16:21:13.000 kernel[0]: IOath3kfrmwr: firmware loaded successfully!

last boot at 16.21 is ok.

I can wait 1 hour and the Bluetooth never comes alive, but uniBeast boot to mavericks works within 10 seconds. I have installed Mavericks a couple of times with the same problem.

The logs indicate IOath3kfrmwr.kext is working.

Are you certain your BT kexts are untouched (eg. still stock from the OS X installer)?

Try a fresh install...

The logs indicate IOath3kfrmwr.kext is working.

Are you certain your BT kexts are untouched (eg. still stock from the OS X installer)?

Try a fresh install...

I'm sure all kexts are ok but i will try a fresh install, i'm going to download Mavericks again and start all from fresh. I will report back on what happens.

I'm sure all kexts are ok but i will try a fresh install, i'm going to download Mavericks again and start all from fresh. I will report back on what happens.

OK here are the results!!!

I have done a fresh install, from a newly downloaded copy of mavericks, and setup on a fresh formatted usb stick. The install went well. I have setup the laptop with pro book installer and now when booting into osx i have no bluetooth again. see screen from about this mac. Now when i put to sleep and then wake up, bluetooth is found, see second screen. & I0ath3kfrmwr is being loaded ok from cold boot. This is all very puzzling. Just booted mavericks from UniBeast and bluetooth is working. I would welcome your thoughts on this, as it's driving me mad.

Attachments

• No Bluetooth.png
    No Bluetooth.png
    70.1 KB · Views: 571
  • After sleep.png
    After sleep.png
    111.1 KB · Views: 1,003
  • sys Log.png
    sys Log.png
    39.5 KB · Views: 560
OK here are the results!!!

I have done a fresh install, from a newly downloaded copy of mavericks, and setup on a fresh formatted usb stick. The install went well. I have setup the laptop with pro book installer and now when booting into osx i have no bluetooth again. see screen from about this mac. Now when i put to sleep and then wake up, bluetooth is found, see second screen. & I0ath3kfrmwr is being loaded ok from cold boot. This is all very puzzling. Just booted mavericks from UniBeast and bluetooth is working. I would welcome your thoughts on this, as it's driving me mad.

Has anybody any clues on this? Its driving me mad. this card worked without a problem under mountain lion. with mavericks the wifi is ok, but bluetooth only work's after sleep or if i boot with UniBeast. Has anybody had the same problem with this card?

Has anybody any clues on this? Its driving me mad. this card worked without a problem under mountain lion. with mavericks the wifi is ok, but bluetooth only work's after sleep or if i boot with UniBeast. Has anybody had the same problem with this card?

Sorry I can't help anymore... IOath3kfrmwr.kext is doing its job (loading the firmware). The rest is up to the native kexts in Mavs. I long ago abandoned BT as viable with this chipset (disabled the hardware by taping the pins). The AR3011 is pretty much junk...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back