Contribute
Register

Problem with Bluetooth on Atheros AR5B195 and mavericks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I can't help anymore... IOath3kfrmwr.kext is doing its job (loading the firmware). The rest is up to the native kexts in Mavs. I long ago abandoned BT as viable with this chipset (disabled the hardware by taping the pins). The AR3011 is pretty much junk...

Thanks RehabMan I appreciate your help, It's a shame the card is junk. Can you suggest a good alternative combo card i could get to replace it? I'm not sure what to get. Thanks again.

Just thought i would post an update, I have just installed a BCM943225HMB Wireless 300M Wifi N 3.0 Bluetooth BT Card. And all is well again. Both wifi and Bluetooth were detected and work ok. I can now use my bluetooth headset again.

I have the AR5B195 installed as well in my 4530's. However, I have noticed it is having a problem with range now. Most likely it is the adapter going bad as under OS X and Windows if I walk more than 4 to 5 feet from the laptop I lose my signal. I bought a Rocketfish micro bluetooth adapter http://www.rocketfishproducts.com/products/computer-accessories/RF-MRBTAD.html.

I went into windows and disabled the onboard adapter and then went into the CMOS and did the same. Not sure if this was necessary, but for some reason when I only did it in the CMOS OS X still recognized the adapter.

The adapter is working like a champ.

Hola,

1. Eliminad manualmente cualquier "ioath3kfrmwr.kext" en "/System/Library/Extensions/".

2. Eliminad manualmente cualquier archivo "com.apple.Bluetooth.plist" en "/Library/Preferences/", incluyendo aquellos con extensiones ".XXXXXXX" y / o similares.

3. [OPCIONAL / PRESCINDIBLE] Abrid en un editor hexadecimal el archivo "IOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport", que se encuentra en "/System/Library/Extensions/IOBluetoothFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport.kext/Contents/MacOS/". Buscad el fragmento "0000010f85de000000" y reemplazadlo por "0000010f84de000000".
Ésto sirve para saltarse los 30 segundos de espera de la activación del bluetooth, es decir, para arreglar el siguiente error:
"**** [IOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport][configurePM] -- ERROR -- waited 30 seconds and still did not get the commandWakeup() notification -- this = 0xffffff8013a30800 ****"
No os preocupeis por el kextcache o los permisos. Al instalar el kext del paso nº4 ya se arreglan los permisos. Si experimentáis problemas al escribir en el archivo, copiadlo al escritorio y modificarlo desde ahí... ¡Luego instalarlo con el Kext Utility!

4. Descargad e instalad con Kext Utility el último ioath3kfrmwr.kexr ( https://code.google.com/p/os-x-athe...?name=RehabMan-Atheros-2013-0918.zip&can=2&q= ).

...¡Disfrutad el AR3011 en ML/Mavericks! ;)

Si se comporta rebelde a pesar de todo, arrancad OS X con el bootflag "-f" y posteriormente reconstruid el caché a través de los siguientes comandos en Terminal:
sudo rm -r /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions
sudo kextcache -update-volume /

¡Saludos desde Pontevedra, España!

Hola,

1. Eliminad manualmente cualquier "ioath3kfrmwr.kext" en "/System/Library/Extensions/".

2. Eliminad manualmente cualquier archivo "com.apple.Bluetooth.plist" en "/Library/Preferences/", incluyendo aquellos con extensiones ".XXXXXXX" y / o similares.

3. [OPCIONAL / PRESCINDIBLE] Abrid en un editor hexadecimal el archivo "IOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport", que se encuentra en "/System/Library/Extensions/IOBluetoothFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport.kext/Contents/MacOS/". Buscad el fragmento "0000010f85de000000" y reemplazadlo por "0000010f84de000000".
Ésto sirve para saltarse los 30 segundos de espera de la activación del bluetooth, es decir, para arreglar el siguiente error:
"**** [IOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport][configurePM] -- ERROR -- waited 30 seconds and still did not get the commandWakeup() notification -- this = 0xffffff8013a30800 ****"
No os preocupeis por el kextcache o los permisos. Al instalar el kext del paso nº4 ya se arreglan los permisos. Si experimentáis problemas al escribir en el archivo, copiadlo al escritorio y modificarlo desde ahí... ¡Luego instalarlo con el Kext Utility!

4. Descargad e instalad con Kext Utility el último ioath3kfrmwr.kexr ( https://code.google.com/p/os-x-athe...?name=RehabMan-Atheros-2013-0918.zip&can=2&q= ).

Si se comporta rebelde a pesar de todo, arrancad OS X con el bootflag "-f" y posteriormente reconstruid el caché a través de los siguientes comandos en Terminal:

Please read the rules: http://www.tonymacx86.com/faq.php

Posts must be in English.

Please read the rules: http://www.tonymacx86.com/faq.php

Posts must be in English.

[OffTopic forced by RehabMan ON]
Okay, okay. Next time you put a precious fragment with so much sense that I look like a guy drafted in the middle of a session of narcotics. It is much better that and break the consistency of message and so disabling it filling drugged forum posts, which give the option to translate the message from the same forum and / or manually by the user.

PD: It's rude not to greet, to incite others and / or make offtopic. You could have let me know by private message and would avoid this offtopic. RAWRL

Enjoy the show!
[/ OffTopic forced by RebabMan OFF]

Okay, okay. Next time you put a precious fragment with so much sense that I look like a guy drafted in the middle of a session of narcotics. It is much better that and break the consistency of message and so disabling it filling drugged forum posts, which give the option to translate the message from the same forum and / or manually by the user.

Ummm...errr... ok... I don't know what that means, but it sounds like you enjoyed it.

P.D: It's rude not to say hello. RAWRL

\o/ Enjoy the show! (translate.google.es)

Welcome.

Hola,

Thank you for this. I want to buy the AR5B195 and use it for Mavericks. Can anyone else confirm or add something to this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back