• Identifier: com.apple.driver.AppleEthernetAquantiaAqtion
  • Comment: Support device 0x00B1
  • Find: 81F0B107 0000
  • Replace: 81F0B100 0000
  • Mask: FFF0FFFF FFFF
  • ReplaceMask: 000000FF 0000
  • Count: 1
  • Enabled: True
The benefit of this version is that it should support both Ventura and Sonoma.

Yes, I tried this version and it works perfectly on Sonoma,

And I tried to disconnect the cables at both ends of A,B and reconnect them, and the computer did not crash and worked very well.

Is this the first patch to get AQC107 or XQ-C100F(only) running successfully on Sonoma?

I'm so excited.

Thank you very, very much and please post it in the community. Let it help more people.

Yes, I tried this version and it works perfectly on Sonoma,
Thanks for testing! This is the version we should use.

And I tried to disconnect the cables at both ends of A,B and reconnect them, and the computer did not crash and worked very well.
Nice.

Is this the first patch to get AQC107 or XQ-C100F(only) running successfully on Sonoma?
I think so...

I'm so excited.
:)

Thank you very, very much and please post it in the community. Let it help more people.
I'll consolidate the SSDT and Kext Patch into a single mini-guide and post it below. Then I can add links to some of my primary build guides.

** How to enable Aquantia AQC-107 device-ID 0x00B1 such as Asus XG-C100F **
Tested under Ventura and Sonoma​

If you have a 10Gig Ethernet card that uses an Aquantia (Marvell) AQC-107 device ID 0x00B1 such as the Asus XG-C100F, follow the procedure below to enable the card under Ventura and Sonoma. This procedure may or may not work in older versions of macOS. It has been tested only under Ventura and Sonoma.

STEP 1: Add the following one or two patches to Kernel -> Patch section of config.plist

Required patch:
  • Base: __ZN30AppleEthernetAquantiaAqtion1075probeEP9IOServicePi
Optional: Try adding this patch if any problems are found with just the above patch:
  • Base: __ZNK30AppleEthernetAquantiaAqtion10720handleNewModelStringEt
Screenshot 2024-01-01 at 12.07.45 PM.png

STEP 2:
Enable kernel quirk ForceAquantiaEthernet in config.plist

Screenshot 2024-01-01 at 12.04.59 PM.png

STEP 3:
Modify and add the attached SSDT to your OpenCore EFI configuration:

• Copy file into EFI/OC/ACPI
  • Add an entry into config.plist -> ACPI -> Add
Screenshot 2024-01-01 at 12.03.57 PM.png

The attached SSDT assumes the 10Gig Ethernet card is located in device RP05, but this is likely to be different for different motherboards and different PCIe slots. Use either IORegistryExplorer or Hackintool (PCIe tab) to determine the ACPI path for your particular system then modify the SSDT accordingly by using maciASL.

If you need assistance with the SSDT, please post IOReg file (IORegistryExplorer -> File -> Save As...) with your 10Gig Ethernet card installed.

Attachments

• SSDT-AQC107-0x00B1.aml
    459 bytes · Views: 9
Last edited:
The SSDT is not necessary here and makes it more complicated for users who operate the card in a different slot because the path has to be adapted accordingly. For this reason, the device properties function in OpenCore is, in my opinion, always preferable. The device properties for the ASUS XG-C100F can be seen in the attached screenshot:

2024-01-05_10-32-09.png

It should also be noted that most of the properties for this card are only cosmetic and only the compatible-string is required. All others can therefore be omitted without any problems.

Last edited:
With a different slot and/or motherboard, one would need to adapt the PCI path accordingly.
I do not see much difference with adapting a SSDT…

It is a challenge for most inexperienced users to adapt the ACPI path in an SSDT. In contrast, it is child's play to copy the device path from the Hackintool, for example, and paste it into OC.

Last edited:
Back