Register

Problem with Asus XG-C100F Sonoma

Motherboard
Asus Z790-E
CPU
i9-13900K
Graphics
RX 6950 XT
Has anyone worked successfully on the Asus XQ-C100F in Sonoma?

I tried @CaseySJ 's patch, but it didn't work.

1703784835976.png

Has anyone worked successfully on the Asus XQ-C100F in Sonoma?

I tried @CaseySJ 's patch, but it didn't work.

View attachment 576479
Because you have an Intel system, it's not strictly necessary to apply my GitHub patches.

If AppleVTD is enabled:
  • We need to enable the kernel quirk ForceAquantiaEthernet
  • We need to delete or disable all of my Aquantia Ethernet patches
Screenshot 2023-12-28 at 1.53.52 PM.png

To check if AppleVTD is enabled, run IORegistryExplorer and check if AppleVTD appears near the top of the device list on the left side.

It is also possible that your network card has a device ID that is not natively supported by macOS. In this case we would need to spoof the device ID with a SSDT. To check your device ID, simply run IORegistryExplorer and post the IOReg file (File -> Save As...).

Because you have an Intel system, it's not strictly necessary to apply my GitHub patches.

If AppleVTD is enabled:
  • We need to enable the kernel quirk ForceAquantiaEthernet
  • We need to delete or disable all of my Aquantia Ethernet patches
View attachment 576488
To check if AppleVTD is enabled, run IORegistryExplorer and check if AppleVTD appears near the top of the device list on the left side.

It is also possible that your network card has a device ID that is not natively supported by macOS. In this case we would need to spoof the device ID with a SSDT. To check your device ID, simply run IORegistryExplorer and post the IOReg file (File -> Save As...).

Thank you very much for your reply,

I have enable the kernel quirk ForceAquantiaEthernet
and
i have delete or disable all of your Aquantia Ethernet patches

After the restart, it still does not work

How do I make SSDT?

Attachments

• Junway's Mac Pro.ioreg
    24.2 MB · Views: 9
  • iShot_2023-12-29_03.21.43.png
    iShot_2023-12-29_03.21.43.png
    382.3 KB · Views: 3
As suspected, device ID 0x00B1 is not natively supported.

There's a thread here that discusses the topic, but apparently the solution provided there does not work in Sonoma.

Nevertheless, let's start by applying the attached SSDT. Then reboot and post IOReg file again. We can proceed from there.

Attachments

• SSDT-ACQ2.aml
    511 bytes · Views: 2
As suspected, device ID 0x00B1 is not natively supported.

There's a thread here that discusses the topic, but apparently the solution provided there does not work in Sonoma.

Nevertheless, let's start by applying the attached SSDT. Then reboot and post IOReg file again. We can proceed from there.

Yes, I've looked at a lot of solutions that don't work with Sonoma.

this is new IOReg file, Please check it out. Thank you so much, my friend.

Attachments

• Junway's Mac Pro.ioreg
    23.9 MB · Views: 2
Yes, I've looked at a lot of solutions that don't work with Sonoma.

this is new IOReg file, Please check it out. Thank you so much, my friend.
The previous SSDT was incorrect so please try the new version attached here. Then reboot and post IOReg file.

Attachments

• SSDT-ACQ2.aml
    511 bytes · Views: 4
The previous SSDT was incorrect so please try the new version attached here. Then reboot and post IOReg file.

I'm done.

This is new file.

Attachments

• Junway's Mac Pro.ioreg
    24 MB · Views: 2
I'm done.

This is new file.
Okay, this SSDT took effect, but we can see that many of the properties we wanted to set did not get set (red). But some others did (green).

Screenshot 2023-12-29 at 11.37.16 AM.png

Because device-id did not change, it probably means we need to modify the kernel patch to work in Sonoma. I am on vacation right now so I cannot do this until next week.

However, if someone has the binary executable files for AppleEthernetAquantiaAqtion for both Ventura and Sonoma, then I should be able to create the patch sooner.

Okay, this SSDT took effect, but we can see that many of the properties we wanted to set did not get set (red). But some others did (green).

View attachment 576531

Because device-id did not change, it probably means we need to modify the kernel patch to work in Sonoma. I am on vacation right now so I cannot do this until next week.

However, if someone has the binary executable files for AppleEthernetAquantiaAqtion for both Ventura and Sonoma, then I should be able to create the patch sooner.

Ok, I see.

Thank you very much for your time.

I look forward to solving this problem together when you get back from your vacation so that more people can get help.

I wish you a happy holiday :)

Here's one more version of SSDT for you to try. Simply copy this file to EFI/OC/ACPI and reboot. The post IOReg file again.

Attachments

• SSDT-ACQ2.aml
    567 bytes · Views: 5
Back