Register

Problem new hackintosh installation.

Motherboard
msi z490 gaming carbon wifi
CPU
i9-11900KF
Graphics
RX 6750 XT
Hi everyone, I'm trying to make my second hackintosh but with poor results, I have an MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Carbon WiFi motherboard, an Intel Core i9 11900KF processor and an AMD RX 6750XT 12 GB PowerColour video card.
I read that the video card needs nootRX to work, initially I get this error, what did I do wrong? what can I do? Could someone help me please? A thousand thanks.

Attachments

• EFI (2).zip
    6.8 MB · Views: 15
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    305.9 KB · Views: 25
Looking at your config.plist:

1. In Booter/Quirks, you have EnableWriteUnprotector Value = YES and RebuildAppleMemoryMap Value = NO. Read OpenCore Install Guide comments for Comet Lake and see if maybe you should change those:
OC Guide Comments.jpg

2. In Kernel/Quirks, you have CustomSMBIOSGuid Value = YES; the OC Guide says only Dell or VIAO systems need that.

3. In Misc/Boot/PickerAttributes, you have Value = 144. The Guide recommends 17. Also you have PollAppleHotKeys Value = YES; the Guide recommends NO.

4. In Misc/Debug/AppleDebug and ApplePanic Values are NO. This seems to conflict with your boot-args later (see 5. below).

5a. In NVRAM/third item/boot-args, do you need -igfxvesa if you have an "F" model CPU with no onboard IGPU?

5b. Also, the other boot-args seem to indicate you want the debug feature active, but see 4. above.

5c. Since you show an AMD RX 6750 XT in your computer description, the OC Guide recommends a boot-arg as shown below:
GPU boot-arg.jpg

6. In Platforminfo/Generic, you have AdviseFeatures Value = YES; the Guide says the following... does it apply to your setup?
AdviveFeatures.jpg

That's all I noted. HTH.

Looking at your config.plist:

1. In Booter/Quirks, you have EnableWriteUnprotector Value = YES and RebuildAppleMemoryMap Value = NO. Read OpenCore Install Guide comments for Comet Lake and see if maybe you should change those:
View attachment 580741

2. In Kernel/Quirks, you have CustomSMBIOSGuid Value = YES; the OC Guide says only Dell or VIAO systems need that.

3. In Misc/Boot/PickerAttributes, you have Value = 144. The Guide recommends 17. Also you have PollAppleHotKeys Value = YES; the Guide recommends NO.

4. In Misc/Debug/AppleDebug and ApplePanic Values are NO. This seems to conflict with your boot-args later (see 5. below).

5a. In NVRAM/third item/boot-args, do you need -igfxvesa if you have an "F" model CPU with no onboard IGPU?

5b. Also, the other boot-args seem to indicate you want the debug feature active, but see 4. above.

5c. Since you show an AMD RX 6750 XT in your computer description, the OC Guide recommends a boot-arg as shown below:
View attachment 580743

6. In Platforminfo/Generic, you have AdviseFeatures Value = YES; the Guide says the following... does it apply to your setup?
View attachment 580744

That's all I noted. HTH.
Hi, first of all thanks for your availability, I tried to make the changes and now I get this, then doing a reset of the NVRAM I get the same error...

Attachments

• tempImagedIbw3q.png
    tempImagedIbw3q.png
    15.8 MB · Views: 8
  • tempImageFdKeGi.png
    tempImageFdKeGi.png
    16.2 MB · Views: 8
  • EFI.zip
    6.8 MB · Views: 3
I have a doubt about the Mac Pro Platforminfo/Generic/SystemProductname, whether what I put is correct or not.

Looks like you incorporated most of the changes I flagged. But I see that NVRAM/Add/third item/boot-args still contains "-igfxvesa." Do you really want this?
-igfxvesa.jpg

Regarding your SMBIOS, I couldn't find anything objecting to MacPro7,1 but I have no experience with that SMBIOS.

Looks like you incorporated most of the changes I flagged. But I see that NVRAM/Add/third item/boot-args still contains "-igfxvesa." Do you really want this?
View attachment 580901

Regarding your SMBIOS, I couldn't find anything objecting to MacPro7,1 but I have no experience with that SMBIOS.

Sorry, I read it wrong, now by removing it it goes forward slightly up to here
aa20f820-7d1a-43f5-abb9-0e2efff2064f.jpg

then by resetting the NVRAM it stops here
c36f61d4-0e57-4578-b92e-a35d84db44c1.jpg

I just read that nootrx has to be paid as it says, they said it was free :(
now how can I continue?
how much would it cost? I don't see any price...

Attachments

• aa20f820-7d1a-43f5-abb9-0e2efff2064f.jpg
    aa20f820-7d1a-43f5-abb9-0e2efff2064f.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
I just read that nootrx has to be paid as it says, they said it was free :(
now how can I continue?
how much would it cost? I don't see any price...
maybe re read the message again......

maybe re read the message again......
sorry, I'm writing a few words with the translator because I don't know much English, I'm learning it.
How can I continue with the installation?

sorry, I'm writing a few words with the translator because I don't know much English, I'm learning it.
How can I continue with the installation?
the kext is free, no need to pay for it

if someone sold it to you then you would have been scammed

Back