Contribute
Register

problem installing sl on GBx58a-udr,GB HD5770

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had this problem and it was my DVD Drive. The DVD access light would just blink for 20 minutes and then something else would pop up Verbose info on the screen.

If you have your BIOS set up properly and Disabled any GSATA and xTreme RAID then the DVD may be the culprit. Disable your Peripherals like 1394/Ethernet and then go back in after successful install and enable them.

i've checked all the bios settings and they are OK. by using
-x PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=NO -v
to boot installation I got most of the way through installation before the PC crashed and restarted. but did not reboot. So I inserted the iboot dik and it showd up the snow leopard partiton installed on the hard disk as a boot option.
I selected this but when I attempted to boot I got the white apple screen then balck "VGA no signal message but cpu fan etc still whirring away - left it running for a while but nothing happened.

I Tried a different boot loader to get into the installed snow leopard - I used the rebel EFI Bootlaoder ( hope this is ok to mention) and that allowed me to boot theto the HD installation.

I then followed through with easybeast installation ( I am not connected to the internet yet on the customac so could not update )

this installed, when I restarted I got the chamelon boot image and the HD identified as bootable - but could not get it to boot with either -x or -x PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=NO -v
Had to use the rebel efi again to get back in. added the mobo DSDT this time using multibeast., but still same result.

So I sort of have a very unfriendly boot process but have snow leopard installation which seems to work.

Any suggestions on sorting out the booting would be great.

iboot 2.6.3 was the answer for me. I started the install on Saturday and apparently got 2.6.2, which may have had a bug.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12394&p=80989#p80989

Tony posted 2.6.3 on Sunday. I downloaded and used the new iboot. Followed the same guide and everything went very smoothly. I had better luck treating it like a brand new install even though I had OsX installed and working with a different GPU. Erasing the OsX partition and installing from scratch worked, but installing over the existing install (without erasing first) did not.

I hope this works for you as well.

great this worked, I still had to install with
GraphicsEnabler=NO and -x

I ran multibeast easybeast option and changed the setting to put GraphicsEnabler=NO in the installed chamelon boot.

All booting and running OK now - But need to work through sound, network etc to check whether they are working and how to get screen resolution for my scree ( and Acer 1920x1080 screen). currently running at the defaut low res with about an inc border on the screen.

Thanks to all for their help.

one eight seven said:
iboot 2.6.3 was the answer for me. I started the install on Saturday and apparently got 2.6.2, which may have had a bug.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12394&p=80989#p80989

Tony posted 2.6.3 on Sunday. I downloaded and used the new iboot. Followed the same guide and everything went very smoothly. I had better luck treating it like a brand new install even though I had OsX installed and working with a different GPU. Erasing the OsX partition and installing from scratch worked, but installing over the existing install (without erasing first) did not.

I hope this works for you as well.

Re: GBx58a-udr,GB HD5770 cannot get to mac installation screen

waterwombat said:
waterwombat said:
Any suggestion how I get any further latest boot attempt i used -x -v,

things appeared to be going OK for a while then stalled.

last few lines on screen are :

using 64-bit bootcache playlist
BootCacheControl : could not unlink playlist /var/db/BooCache.playlist: Read-only file system
Bug: launchctl.c:2325 (23930):30 (dbdf = open(g_job_overrides_db_path, 0_RDONLY | 0_EXLOCK | 0_CREAT, S_IRUSR | S_IWUSR)) != -1
systemShutdown false
Previous Shutdown Cause: 3
com_lnx2mac_RealtekRTL8xx: Ehternet address 1c:6f:65:96:e9:50
ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start - waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagemnt) timed out

then is stops - nothing now for 15 minutes...

Please any clues what I can do?

Other componets are wd green sata 1Tb HDD
cannot see how power supply , case or heat sink influence the installtion at all...

cheers

waterwombat.

I get the same Epic fail.

word for word.

i7 950
x58a-ud3r rev2 (not updated bios)
4GB ram out of 12 in board
Sapphire HD 5870
Sony Optics
1TB SpinPoint

Sometimes i get an additional error of:

Refusing new kext com.apple.kext.OSvKernDSPLib, v1.3: a loaded copy with a different executable UUID is already present.
Refusing new kext com.apple.iokit.IOAudioFamily, v1.7.6f2:a loaded copy with a different executable UUID is already present.
Refusing new kext com.apple.iokit.NetworkingFamily, v1.9:a loaded copy with a different executable UUID is already present.
Refusing new kext com.apple.kext.OSvKernDSPLib, v1.3: a loaded copy with a different executable UUID is already present.
Refusing new kext com.apple.iokit.IOAudioFamily, v1.7.6f2:a loaded copy with a different executable UUID is already present.
DSMOS has arrived
ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start -waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out
Refusing new kext com.apple.iokit.IOUSBFamily. v3.9.6: already have loaded v9.9.9.
com_lnx2mac_RealtekRTL81xx:Ethernet address 1c:6f:65:91:2a:6f
disk6: ioctl()IOR,'d',79,4) is unsupported

Please help

also caught my eye on the last attempt was:
Failed to load kext com.apple.driver.AplleEFIRuntime (error 0xdc008017)

ramboski said:
also caught my eye on the last attempt was:
Failed to load kext com.apple.driver.AplleEFIRuntime (error 0xdc008017)
This is probably an obvious question, but just to be sure...Did you download and use the latest version of iboot (2.6.3)? It was just posted on 2/6.

Update: Seems to be working just GREAT now. New iboot was the trick. Sapphire HD 5870 seems to be working... so far.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back