Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have different RAM to the customac 2010 specs - 4G (2x2G G.SKILL F# -12800, and am trying to install from LG ide optical drive(GSA H10) Logitec mk320 wireless mouse and keyboard
Using latest iboot and SL 10.6.3 retail disk.

iBoot goes OK, when I insert SL disk and press F5 i get the correct Mac OS x install DVD image. But when I hit enter, the white screen with gray apple appears and remains for hours

cannot get further

If I retry the process, but type -x then return i get kernel panic "unable to find driver for this platform \acpi\"

Moved to the correct forum, Installation Support.

waterwombat said:
I have different RAM to the customac 2010 specs - 4G (2x2G G.SKILL F# -12800, and am trying to install from LG ide optical drive(GSA H10) Logitec mk320 wireless mouse and keyboard
Using latest iboot and SL 10.6.3 retail disk.

iBoot goes OK, when I insert SL disk and press F5 i get the correct Mac OS x install DVD image. But when I hit enter, the white screen with gray apple appears and remains for hours

cannot get further

If I retry the process, but type -x then return i get kernel panic "unable to find driver for this platform \acpi\"
Did you format your hard drive using disc utility button top center of apple screen?

There is no boot option just the apple on a white screen and the little sunray/hourglass going round. no keystrokes get a response other than setting the dvd spinning again.

waterwombat said:
There is no boot option just the apple on a white screen and the little sunray/hourglass going round. no keystrokes get a response other than setting the dvd spinning again.
From the Blog:
Today, iBoot is updated to 2.6. Grab the latest version at tonymacx86.com/downloads.

* GraphicsEnabler=Yes only. We've removed all kext based graphics enablers.
* Chameleon 2.0 RC5 r700 - ATI Experimental by Kabyl (branch) with support for both NVIDIA 4xx and ATI 5xxx cards. If you can't get to installation, type -x PCIRootUID=1.

Have you tried the bold?

Going Bald said:
waterwombat said:
From the Blog:
Today, iBoot is updated to 2.6. Grab the latest version at tonymacx86.com/downloads.

* GraphicsEnabler=Yes only. We've removed all kext based graphics enablers.
* Chameleon 2.0 RC5 r700 - ATI Experimental by Kabyl (branch) with support for both NVIDIA 4xx and ATI 5xxx cards. If you can't get to installation, type -x PCIRootUID=1.

Have you tried the bold?

I installed a different dvd-rw (GH-22LS50, the nearest I could find to those listed as good options in the database).

I have tried -x PCIRootUID=1 and just -x both just hang at the white screen with the grey apple and the rotating grey thing below, after a while the dvd drive stops being accessed and nothing has any effect other than getting the dvd drive into activity again briefly.

It has stuck at this point never gets to the installation screen - or the video.

what should I try next are there any other switches to see what's going on?

cheers

HELP!!!

Any suggestion how I get any further latest boot attempt i used -x -v,

things appeared to be going OK for a while then stalled.

last few lines on screen are :

using 64-bit bootcache playlist
BootCacheControl : could not unlink playlist /var/db/BooCache.playlist: Read-only file system
Bug: launchctl.c:2325 (23930):30 (dbdf = open(g_job_overrides_db_path, 0_RDONLY | 0_EXLOCK | 0_CREAT, S_IRUSR | S_IWUSR)) != -1
systemShutdown false
Previous Shutdown Cause: 3
com_lnx2mac_RealtekRTL8xx: Ehternet address 1c:6f:65:96:e9:50
ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start - waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagemnt) timed out

then is stops - nothing now for 15 minutes...

Please any clues what I can do?

Other componets are wd green sata 1Tb HDD
cannot see how power supply , case or heat sink influence the installtion at all...

cheers

waterwombat.

GBx58a-udr,GB HD5770 cannot get to mac installation screen

waterwombat said:
Any suggestion how I get any further latest boot attempt i used -x -v,

things appeared to be going OK for a while then stalled.

last few lines on screen are :

using 64-bit bootcache playlist
BootCacheControl : could not unlink playlist /var/db/BooCache.playlist: Read-only file system
Bug: launchctl.c:2325 (23930):30 (dbdf = open(g_job_overrides_db_path, 0_RDONLY | 0_EXLOCK | 0_CREAT, S_IRUSR | S_IWUSR)) != -1
systemShutdown false
Previous Shutdown Cause: 3
com_lnx2mac_RealtekRTL8xx: Ehternet address 1c:6f:65:96:e9:50
ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start - waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagemnt) timed out

then is stops - nothing now for 15 minutes...

Please any clues what I can do?

Other componets are wd green sata 1Tb HDD
cannot see how power supply , case or heat sink influence the installtion at all...

cheers

waterwombat.

If possible try a different video card. I am running into the same issue with a new build that I am trying to get up and running for my brother. He's got the same motherboard (GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD3R v2.0 upgraded firmware to FE) and this GB HD5770 graphics card (not sure if this is the same one you bought - GV-R577SO-1GD):

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6814125327

I was getting the same result as you, so I swapped in my GB 9800GT from my working hackintosh and I was able to install OsX. I tried selecting the ATI Experimental install from multibeast and putting the GB HD5770 back in, but I then get the same result. Instead of booting OsX from the hard drive, I just get the apple logo and spinning circle. I've searched the forums, followed the guides, and seen others list this card as part of their install, but I can't get it working. I think I may recommend that he RMA the card and we will have to try another one.

Try -x32.

Have you checked all your BIOS settings are correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back