Contribute
Register

Problem installing SL on 4530s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I got the same results as before, updating to 10.6.3 then 10.6.8. Still a solid black screen with -v, and a solid grey screen with no boot flags/ using -f. I also nabbed the one-time KP for you: http://i.imgur.com/Ob7RjCU.jpg

Okay, I got the same results as before, updating to 10.6.3 then 10.6.8. Still a solid black screen with -v, and a solid grey screen with no boot flags/ using -f. I also nabbed the one-time KP for you: http://i.imgur.com/Ob7RjCU.jpg

Why is VoodooHDA there? Is not part of the ProBook Installer...

Are you sure you are following the guide?

I'm following the guide. I used the iBoot 3.0 to be able to boot to that screen, and the only things I installed are: 10.6.3 Combo, UpdateHelper, 10.6.8 Combo, and then before rebooting, HP ProBook Installer. I literally did not install anything else. I think I may have used ProBook Installer 6.1 b11. That may not be the latest version, I'm not sure.

I'm following the guide. I used the iBoot 3.0 to be able to boot to that screen, and the only things I installed are: 10.6.3 Combo, UpdateHelper, 10.6.8 Combo, and then before rebooting, HP ProBook Installer. I literally did not install anything else. I think I may have used ProBook Installer 6.1 b11. That may not be the latest version, I'm not sure.

VoodooHDA has not been part of the ProBook Installer for a very, very long time. (Perhaps prior to v3).
It is part of iBoot.

What exact step are you on?

I completed 9. That is the last step I was able to do. You told me to install my DSDT first with everything else, so I did. Yeah, I had to boot from iBoot.

I completed 9. That is the last step I was able to do. You told me to install my DSDT first with everything else, so I did. Yeah, I had to boot from iBoot.

So you are on step 10. You should not be booting from iBoot at that point (it is not possible). You should be booting from your HDD with installed bootloader.

Okay, thanks then, Rehabman. I couldn't remember from past experience when the BOOT0 Error happened. I thought that Chimera would boot, then when you chose Mac, you would get the BOOT0. I'll fix that today. That is fantastic, because now I can get all my old Windows files without swapping my hard drives! I had to back them up to my old hard drive's Mac partition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back