Contribute
Register

Problem installing SL on 4530s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guide to Installing Snow Leopard on HP Probook

The KP appears to have been a one-time thing. It is now doing the grey screen thing again.

Guide to Installing Snow Leopard on HP Probook

The KP appears to have been a one-time thing. It is now doing the grey screen thing again.

What step are you on? Boot "-v" to troubleshoot.

Also, check your /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist for device-properties string (it should be present)...

Also, what version of the SL DVD are you starting with?

Also, I can't access my extras directory. HFSExplorer on Windows isn't detecting it. It only detects my iBoot CD. That's also odd, because I have my old hard drive plugged in via USB, and it's not finding its Mac OS X Extended (Journaled) partition.

Thanks for making a new topic BTW. HFS Explorer on Windows isn't detecting my SL Partition, and it's also not detecting my old hdd's OS X partition. It is detecting iBoot though.

Thanks for making a new topic BTW. HFS Explorer on Windows isn't detecting my SL Partition, and it's also not detecting my old hdd's OS X partition. It is detecting iBoot though.

I don't know anything about HFS Explorer... so can't help you there... If this is a multi-partition/multi-disk setup, you also have to be very careful about not picking up pieces from the other installs...

If you have other installs of OS X (Lion/ML?) you can certainly examine/edit the contents of your SL partition from those partitions.

Also, you might consider upgrading to 10.6.3 (from 10.6.0; use a combo update) before running UpdateHelper/ProBook Installer (eg. between step 6 and 7). That way you're running the ProBook Installer on 10.6.3 instead of 10.6.0.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back