X5670 (OC 4Ghz)
Graphics
GTX 680
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all, I'm trying to install Yosemite on a Lenovo ThinkStation S20 with Xeon E5640, GTX560 & 12GB ram. I cannot get passed the apple logo screen and the progress bar never advances. I tried all the flags and the recommended bios settings to no avail :( Please help...

Hey man, did you ever get yours going? I'm getting pretty close I think. Can you offer any thoughts or advice?

Hi, I gave up in the end & sold mine. However, I will be acquiring another soon, so I would be very interested to hear how you're getting on & having another go with my next one...

Yea! I actually just got mine pretty solid like an hour ago. I can boot into it with no USB drive plugged in. The things I'm trying to get going now are the ethernet and maybe sound, but I'm using it for audio production so that isn't of major concern as I'll be using an interface...

Yea! I actually just got mine pretty solid like an hour ago. I can boot into it with no USB drive plugged in. The things I'm trying to get going now are the ethernet and maybe sound, but I'm using it for audio production so that isn't of major concern as I'll be using an interface...
So, how did you get passed the boot screen in the end? That's where I got stuck...

It's interesting. I don't think I ever really had a problem getting passed the boot screen. I'm not super technical, but my hypothesis is that the combination of the version of clover and el cap are "kinder" to issues of compatibility than passed bootloader/OS combinations.

For me, all that I had to do was create the clover unibeast usb with the legacy bios selection. Then boot verbose (which is mainly cuz I got bored since that initial progress bar was taking so long) which took me straight to the installer. I then first reformatted my drive, then ran the install and then the computer went to restart. And that's where an "issue" was in that it doesn't have the kexts (I believe) to take care of things like shutdown and restart. So the bootloader and processes stopped but the computer didn't actually shut down so I had to do it manually. Again, not a big deal as I'm not necessarily planning on having many intentional shut downs or reboots. I digress, so when I restarted the computer, I again booted from the usb but this time I booted (verbose) into my internal ssd with el cap just installed. Then went through all the regular setup processes and voila, I was in. After that in the post installation process is where I really started having my challenges.

TL;DR- The installation of 10.11.5 ran like you usually would run it and I was able to boot into El Capitan.

While installing Mac os sierra on my thinstation s20, I stuck at Apple boot logo..please help me to solve this problem....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back