Nvidia GTX 660
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Good afternoon!

It's a system with a Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H (BIOS version F7), a Core i5 4570, 8GB of Kingston HyperX 1600 MHz DDR3 RAM, an ASUS GTX 660, a 1TB Seagate SSHD, a WD Blue 1TB, and the TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 for Wi-Fi access.

Mavericks is installed on the SSHD and Windows on the Western Digital hard drive. Now, since I installed windows BEFORE I went ahead and put OS X in there, the windows drive was formatted with the MBR partition scheme, and from then on when I tried to boot into Win7 it would display that "BOOTMGR missing" error. From what I've seen on other forum posts, this was due to the aforementioned partition scheme, and it was preventing me from booting it.

Now, I've formatted the windows disk to use the GUID partition table, but I'm having some trouble booting the installer. I unplug the OS X drive not to mess with it when installing Windows, but when it's unplugged the installer fails to start, which does NOT happen when the OS X drive is plugged in...

Does anyone have any ideas? Maybe I should try with a different Windows .iso? What do you think?

Thanks a lot beforehand. ;)

P.S: Oh, I forgot to mention that the bootloader I'm using is Chimera v2.2.1.

Any ideas, anyone? :)

Good afternoon!

It's a system with a Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H (BIOS version F7), a Core i5 4570, 8GB of Kingston HyperX 1600 MHz DDR3 RAM, an ASUS GTX 660, a 1TB Seagate SSHD, a WD Blue 1TB, and the TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 for Wi-Fi access.

Mavericks is installed on the SSHD and Windows on the Western Digital hard drive. Now, since I installed windows BEFORE I went ahead and put OS X in there, the windows drive was formatted with the MBR partition scheme, and from then on when I tried to boot into Win7 it would display that "BOOTMGR missing" error. From what I've seen on other forum posts, this was due to the aforementioned partition scheme, and it was preventing me from booting it.

Now, I've formatted the windows disk to use the GUID partition table, but I'm having some trouble booting the installer. I unplug the OS X drive not to mess with it when installing Windows, but when it's unplugged the installer fails to start, which does NOT happen when the OS X drive is plugged in...

Does anyone have any ideas? Maybe I should try with a different Windows .iso? What do you think?

Thanks a lot beforehand. ;)
You should use official windows install disk not a downloaded ISO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back