nvidia
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey guys,

I have accidentally screwed up my laptop - Thinkpad T61's MBR, so i thought since I need to go through the process of reformatting, I might as well do a hackintosh this time round.

I have followed through the tutorial for creating a yosemite boot up drive.
  • After boot up using the flashdrive created using unibeast, I got past Apple logo booting screen (loading phase 1).
  • However after the Apple Logo loading phase has finished, there is another round of loading that shows nothing but just a loading bar (loading phase 2).

Ideally I should get to the language selection phase of the installer once this logoless loading finishes.

My problem is that i can never get past loading phase 2.

I have tried booting up with or without [-v -x] or [-v -x GraphicsEnabler=yes] and a bit of other flags.
I realized that my problem is not really with loading phase 1 which most people are experiencing.

Based on my observation, if I boot up without commands, i can get to about 20% in loading phase 2.
If I boot up with any of those commands, I get up to 5% of loading phase 2 and get stuck.

Also for a control test, using the same flash drive on a dell laptop, I can get past both loading phase 1 and 2, and successfully begin the Yosemite installation process.

Can someone please give me some hints as to where the problem might be?

-------- Specs ---------

model: T61 14"
processor: T7700
ram: 4Gb
hdd: 250G (not ssd)
motherboard: some intel mb
video card: NVIDIA Quadro NVS 140M
http://support.lenovo.com/en/documents/pd008989

Not a Desktop - Moved to Laptop Support

Hey guys,

I have accidentally screwed up my laptop - Thinkpad T61's MBR, so i thought since I need to go through the process of reformatting, I might as well do a hackintosh this time round.

• After boot up using the flashdrive created using unibeast, I got past Apple logo booting screen (loading phase 1).
  • However after the Apple Logo loading phase has finished, there is another round of loading that shows nothing but just a loading bar (loading phase 2).

Ideally I should get to the language selection phase of the installer once this logoless loading finishes.

I have tried booting up with or without [-v -x] or [-v -x GraphicsEnabler=yes] and a bit of other flags.
I realized that my problem is not really with loading phase 1 which most people are experiencing.

Based on my observation, if I boot up without commands, i can get to about 20% in loading phase 2.
If I boot up with any of those commands, I get up to 5% of loading phase 2 and get stuck.

Also for a control test, using the same flash drive on a dell laptop, I can get past both loading phase 1 and 2, and successfully begin the Yosemite installation process.

-------- Specs ---------

You have Intel HD Graphics or Some other?

I have a NVIDIA Quadro NVS 140M

I have edited my initial post with the graphics card.

Hey guys,

-------- Specs ---------

video card: NVIDIA Quadro NVS 140M

Refer to this guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...-booting-os-x-installer-laptops-unibeast.html

You will need at least GraphicsEnabler=Yes for your nvidia device, and will probably need to do additional research for how to make it work with the internal display (DSDT patches specific to your device).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back