EVGA GeForce 210
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. LC
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I am trying to set up two midi controllers in Pro Tools and I am not having any luck. One is a Akai MPD24 drum pad to control my drum plugins and the other is an M-Audio Axiom 49 keyboard controller for my synth plugins. The problem is I can't get them to work separately. When I am using the drum program both controllers trigger the sounds, when I am in a synth plugin like the Mini Grand Piano same problem. I have gone to Audio Midi Setup and I can see both controllers and my interface but when I try and drag the cables to connect the controllers to the interface it doesn't work. When I click test i get a bouncing folder in the dock that says coremidi framework not responding. I have tried a few remedies I have found online but nothing has worked so far. Any suggestions?

Snow Leopard 10.6.8
Pro Tools 8.03
Digidesign 003 rack+ interface
Z68 motherboard
2700K CPU

Hi !

It seems more like a configuration problem within your MIDI tracks in Pro Tools. Check your MDI tracks' inputs to see if both have the same controller assigned, and if so assign as you want.

I 've been using two MIDI controllers (two keyboards, see my Master Build in my signature) for years without a single problem.

Hope it helps !

I am sure you are right and that it is a configuration problem. I have tried to figure this out but have had no luck. I create 2 tracks, one aux , one midi. I insert an instrument plugin on the aux track then put that instrument in the out of the midi track. Then I do the same for the other controller with a different plugin. Problem is, all depending on which plugin is highlighted, both midi controllers operate only one plugin at time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back