Contribute
Register

Power Management on Kabylake (Dell Latitude 3380)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS S451LB
CPU
i3-4010U
Graphics
HD 4400 / GT 740M
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
How to get frequency under 1Ghz when i'm not doing anything (idle) ? With config PluginType=yes and also KernelPM=yes, it just shows that iddle frequency are only at 1,3Ghz. I want to get idle frequency below 1Ghz, something like 0,8 Ghz or below it. And i saw the other people with i5-7200 also able to activate that idle frequency to 0,8 Ghz. And i hope this can be applied to my laptop too.

Thanks in advance

*Current idle frequency
Screen Shot 2018-12-07 at 13.52.21.png

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    5.3 MB · Views: 328
How to get frequency under 1Ghz when i'm not doing anything (idle) ? With config PluginType=yes and also KernelPM=yes, it just shows that iddle frequency are only at 1,3Ghz. I want to get idle frequency below 1Ghz, something like 0,8 Ghz or below it. And i saw the other people with i5-7200 also able to activate that idle frequency to 0,8 Ghz. And i hope this can be applied to my laptop too.

Thanks in advance

*Current idle frequency
View attachment 370838

It is controlled by X86PlatformPlugin plists (FrequencyVectors).
You can patch it or even use CPUFriend to patch it, but you may have unwanted behavior (Apple may have chosen this idle pstate for a reason).

It is controlled by X86PlatformPlugin plists (FrequencyVectors).
You can patch it or even use CPUFriend to patch it, but you may have unwanted behavior (Apple may have chosen this idle pstate for a reason).
does this mean it's better to leave idle conditions like that instead of editing the frequency to be lower?

does this mean it's better to leave idle conditions like that instead of editing the frequency to be lower?

Maybe. For you to test if you want.

Thanks in advance

*Current idle frequency
View attachment 370838
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...800mhz-on-idle-in-ubuntu.266357/#post-1863899

Read up on frequencyVectors, freqVectors.sh, and CPUFriend.kext.

Which one of method that leaving the vanilla kext untouched ? I don't want to patch that something vanilla in S/L/E

Which one of method that leaving the vanilla kext untouched ? I don't want to patch that something vanilla in S/L/E
Install LiluFriend.kext and CPUFriend.kext into /L/E.

Already mentioned: CPUFriend.kext.
Why didn't you read about it before asking questions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back