Graphics
GTX 670
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I'm looking to make a Hackintosh for video editing. I'll mostly be using Premiere Pro, though occasionally FCPX and Avid. I'll also be using a lot of After Effects and Photoshop.

This is my first time building a PC and obviously my first Hackintosh, as well. I'm a little intimidated but really excited to get such a beast of a machine!

Here's my final list of components. It's basically a slightly beefed up version of the CustoMac Pro build from this site. I'd appreciate any feedback regarding compatibility and such.

CPU: Intel Core i7-3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UD5H
GFX Card: EVGA GeForce GT 670
HDD (storage): Seagate Barracuda 2 TB
HDD (boot/apps): SanDisk Extreme 120 GB
Case:Corsair Carbide Series 400R
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32 GB
Power: Corsair Professional Series 650-Watt
Wifi: TP-Link PCI Express Adapter

I'm also curious about cooling. Should I be buying a CPU cooler or fans for this system? Or am I okay as is?

And any other tips for a PC building newbie would be welcome!

I would suggest a Scythe Mugen 3 or Ninja CPU cooler if you are not using the Corsair liquid cooling system.
CPU intensive video editing programs tend to cause a lot of heat and the stock fan is very noisy at high speed.

Yeah, you're right. The stuff I'm doing is going to generate a lot of heat. I'm adding the Corsair H60.

Hey man!

How is your GTX 670 working? I'm planning on building a Hackintosh, but I'm having some serious doubts about the GPU. I can't really deside between the gtx 670 and the gtx 570. The 570 seems to be better at 3d modeling. My goal is to be able to use Final Cut Pro (7), Avid and After Effects. I'd like to do some gaming too.

Thanks for the advice! Here's a link to my thread:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/buying-ad...ng-hackintosh-budget-do-i-have-right-gpu.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back