Contribute
Register

Post your SSD benchmarks using Blackmagic Disk Speed Test

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a well known issue right now regarding the 840 EVO drives from Samsung, relating to its performance. See here for some details, although it has been reported on many websites now.

Samsung said they had identified the issue and published a fix, only to find out it did not fully address things. They have since said they are working on a newer fix.

The good thing from a consumer point of view is that they are adamant they know exactly what the problem is.

Yeah, I think the odd part for me is that all of those discussions are around read speeds, but mine is on the write side. I think I might reach out to them because it's kinda silly that I replaced a Samsung 830 that was faster than this.

There is a well known issue right now regarding the 840 EVO drives from Samsung, relating to its performance. See here for some details, although it has been reported on many websites now.

Samsung said they had identified the issue and published a fix, only to find out it did not fully address things. They have since said they are working on a newer fix.

The good thing from a consumer point of view is that they are adamant they know exactly what the problem is.

The "magician 4.6" is the newer fix, but unfortunately we need windows to run it... http://www.samsung.com/global/business/semiconductor/minisite/SSD/global/html/support/downloads.html

Dell N5110 i3 2310m

My new Samsung 850EVO

Attachments

• DiskSpeedTest.png
    DiskSpeedTest.png
    739.5 KB · Views: 164
This is a new 250Gb Crucial BX100 SSD just bought for 79.99 after rebate. Great performer :thumbup:

BX100 Crucial.jpg

View attachment BX100 Crucial.tiff

If you can, buy two and put them in RAID 0 for some really fast performance :!:

I am using 2 Corsair Force GT and 1 Corsair Force GS
I'm really disappointed see value several result this thread..
i think i have problem with some settings.. because my value is abnormal.
i have installed mavericks 10.9.5 chamelon and 10.10.4 clover
both of same result i get here is my screen shot..
and have anyone an idea.?

Force GS
CorsairforceGS.png2.png
Force GT
CorsairforceGT.png1.png

SM951 M2 drive

Attachments

• DiskSpeedTest.png
    DiskSpeedTest.png
    735.8 KB · Views: 233
I recently replaced my Samsung 830 120GB with a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB. The Black Magic scores are a bit odd. With my new SSD, the write speed starts at 500, then drops to 275 after about a minute and consistently runs at that. I made sure I installed the latest firmware with that fix they were talking about, although I think that was to fix the read speeds slowing. Anyone know why this might be? I'm only using about 40% of the capacity. Thanks!

@killacam7478 , @tokugawamac , @nkoun

Did you guys ever find a solution for this?

I'm having the exact same problem with my 850 EVO 250GB SSD. Everything's good on the first round of the test, both read/write speeds are at ~500MB/s. After that, write speed drops to ~280MB/s while the read speeds are fine.

The drive is connected to Intel Sata 3 port. TRIM is enabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back