Contribute
Register

Post your Core i5-750 GeekBench scores...

Status
Not open for further replies.
64bit geekbench: 9262
gonna get another 4gb of eco, hope to be in 10k mark

4824567819_a418bb85ba_b.jpg

Screen shot 2010-07-28 at 14.01.38.png

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-07-28 at 14.01.38.png
    Screen shot 2010-07-28 at 14.01.38.png
    198.6 KB · Views: 202
Geekbench 64-bit, [email protected] (BCLK 205, SpeedStep ON), RAM @ 1640MHz

I figured that with a peak speed of 3.84GHz @ BCLK 160, TurboBoost on @ standard Vcore, it won't need too much voltage to run @ 3.84GHz sustained.
So I went for BCLK 205, multiplier 19, to go a tad higher than that; found the system to be stable at a Vcore of about 3.3V (M.I.T. display, don't know the exact number right now and what I set it to be in the M.I.T. settings).

I haven't found a way to get my RAM (G.Skill Eco CL7 1600MHz) to 2050MHz (which should be possible). Tried loosening the timings and increasing DRAM voltage but got freezes during boot. => CMOS reset
Will have to read up a bit on RAM overclocking... ;)

Still, I'm a bit proud of what I achieved. I mean, this is my first non-Apple Mac with my first overclocking attempts. ;)

EDIT: OK, due to the high BCLK, overclocking the RAM is impossible. The G.Skill Ecos can go ~1900MHz but that's not achievable with BCLK 205.
Just for fun and for comparisons's sake, I've added the scores of my Mac Pro, which I'm selling ATM and my MacBook. ;)

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2010-08-04 um 17.57.12.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2010-08-04 um 17.57.12.png
    129.1 KB · Views: 167
Lnx2Mac said:
flatfoot said:
Will have to read up a bit on RAM overclocking... ;)
Nice !
As for RAM OCing, this link might get you started: http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/ha ... iew-5.html

Good Luck !
Lnx2Mac

Yeah, that's what I read. Turns out that my Eco kit isn't as flexible as theirs. :(
In addition, my board doesn't allow for changes of VDimm in 0.05V steps, just 0.1V, which sucks a bit... So there is no way to get to 2050MHz.
I did some calculating and the only chance I have is to up my BCLK a little to go towards 1700MHz remaining at the 8x RAM multiplier. This would, however, likely force me to up my Vcore further, too, and I'm not sure whether I want to do that.
I think I'll leave it as it is for now.

I'll have enough to do and be happy about today since I'm going to receive my OCZ Vertex 2 Extendet 60GB SSD, which will replace my old 74GB WD Raptor, and my Acer V243HLbmd 24" LED backlit display, which will be my new primary monitor with my current LG Flatron W2242T 22" display as secondary.

flatfoot said:
Yeah, that's what I read. Turns out that my Eco kit isn't as flexible as theirs. :(
You might want to try raising latencies...

In addition, my board doesn't allow for changes of VDimm in 0.05V steps, just 0.1V, which sucks a bit...
Indeed...

Good Luck, anyway !
Lnx2Mac

Lnx2Mac said:
flatfoot said:
You might want to try raising latencies...

In addition, my board doesn't allow for changes of VDimm in 0.05V steps, just 0.1V, which sucks a bit...
Indeed...

Good Luck, anyway !
Lnx2Mac

I already fiddled with the latencies – to no avail (as for 2050MHz, which is simply impossible to reach).
Don't want to go much higher with the CPU (nor lower ;)). I'll do some more calculating with BCLKs and multipliers... *creatingexcelsheet*

Do you know whether Vcore is more BCLK or mulitplier-dependent? I know the i5-750 tends to like uneven multipliers better than even ones, so x17, x19 and x21 are the places to check. But does it make a difference in terms of Vcore whether the multi or the BCLK is high?

flatfoot said:
Do you know whether Vcore is more BCLK or mulitplier-dependent? I know the i5-750 tends to like uneven multipliers better than even ones, so x17, x19 and x21 are the places to check. But does it make a difference in terms of Vcore whether the multi or the BCLK is high?
Have no idea... No an OCer myself but read some articles on that...
May be you'll find your answer here: http://www.evga.com/FORUMS/tm.aspx?&m=81651

I don't know if I have a newer version that scores lower but I am only getting 2897 at stock speeds. I have p55m-ud2 mobo i5 750 and 4 gigs of ocz ram

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back