Contribute
Register

Post your Core i5-750 GeekBench scores...

Status
Not open for further replies.
lpstudio said:
I don't know if I have a newer version that scores lower but I am only getting 2897 at stock speeds. I have p55m-ud2 mobo i5 750 and 4 gigs of ocz ram

I hope this isn't the 64-bit version. Then these scores would be way too low.
Go into your BIOS and make sure you have all Advanced CPU Features set to [ENABLED], not [AUTO]. That should help.

Gigabyte P55A-UD4-F12
Intel i5-750 @ 2,67
4 Gb G.Skill F3-12800CL9
WDC WD800JD
Gigabyte GTS 250 1Gb

Stock Settings in 64-bit

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-08-09 at 21.13.21.png
    Screen shot 2010-08-09 at 21.13.21.png
    75 KB · Views: 190
javimdq said:
jaysen said:
Weird issue I stumbled on, but remember reading this somewhere on these boards... When I change the memory to 1600 in the bios, my hack boots and lists the memory at 1333 still...

When I run geekbench w/ the memory set at 1600 in bios, I get 4100 in geekbench... WTF?

Maybe your bootloader is not recognizing your memory accordingly. I have 1600DDR3 Memory and it appears OK, even OC. Using Asere's 1.1.9.

You need to go to your mobo bios and enable all the auto features... here's a thread for it... it worked for me.. now I run the 1600MHZ and get a 10K+ geekbench..

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4234

I'm getting 6400 in geekbench.. very disappointing!

dongrammar said:
]I'm getting 6400 in geekbench.. very disappointing!
If that's the 32bit version of GB, then sounds "normal" if not overclocking.

flatfoot said:
Do you know whether Vcore is more BCLK or mulitplier-dependent? I know the i5-750 tends to like uneven multipliers better than even ones, so x17, x19 and x21 are the places to check. But does it make a difference in terms of Vcore whether the multi or the BCLK is high?

In the context you have asked; higher BCLK requires more voltage since it is also responsible for Ram.
However, to achieve higher rated ram frequency that the motherboard (aka logicboard) supports one must raise the BCLK ideally over Multiplier.
Also; higher multiplier is more tedious to get stable over a higher BCLK.

Unless for curious or testing purposes a higher multiplier with lower BCLK is best, as it uses slightly less vCore. Though when overclocking Ram then this is basically thrown out the window, as one must raise BCLK accordingly to reach ideal speeds (Mhz), as it is always best to have the smallest Ram ratio when possible.

It is a simple case of 'balance' and 'preference'.
Catch-22 (paradox).

In simple terms (if using a 1156 socket i5-750):
If you are not overclocking Ram (or using under 1334Mhz), then set the multiplier as high as it can go (which in most cases is walled at around 20~21) to reach maximum overclocking desirability. Most boards support 21x Multiplier. Then raise the BCLK accordingly.

If you are also overclocking Ram, then one must take into account the relationship the Ram shares with the BCLK. Therefore, setting the BCLK is normally done first to reach the desired Ram speeds whilst toggling the ratio. Then focus on the Multiplier.

For example; to reach 3.8Ghz using an i5-750 whilst overclocking 1333Mhz Ram modules to 1600Mhz it would be best to raise the BCLK to 200, the Multiplier to 19x, and setting the ratio of the Ram to 8x, then adjust the vCore accordingly (after much testing no doubt).

I still feel like mine is a bit on the low side.

i5 760 @ 3.6 GHz
Vcore @ 1.20000
4 gigs @ 1440
Bclk @ 180
Multiplier @ 20

Turbo @ Off
C1e @ Off
EIST @ On

Gigabyte P55M-UD4-F9

Same score as above @ 3.5ghz but with Turbo @ On.

Had to lower down to 3.4ghz as it was crashing in prime 95. Seems ok now, temperature at full load is 58degrees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back