Contribute
Register

Post Pics of your Hack!

Status
Not open for further replies.
HoochShepherd said:
Thats the same case I have.. Just one question.. Do you have something against using your cable management features? Case and point, You put your drives in backwards. My cable management has gotten a little sloppy lately, but you can still barely see the cables. I'll toss up a picture later.

No, nothing against the cable management feature. in fact there's a lot going out the back. I have individually sleeved all the cables... and I personally think it looks much cooler the way that it is now. The pics don't quite do it justice. It looks great when you peak inside there.

So I'm the first to post a real Apple casemod? :D

Gigabyte G31M-ES2L
Intel e7300
4GB DDR2 800Mhz
ASUS Geforve 8400GS 512MB
WD500GB
Nec DVDRW

Attachments

• mac1.jpg
    mac1.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 401
  • mac2.jpg
    mac2.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 482
  • mac3.jpg
    mac3.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 448
lxlifestream said:
I absolutely love it, I have a different case right now. But plan on getting that case in white soon. Wanna point me in the right direction where you got those sleeves/sata cables. The blue make it look beautiful. I have the AX1200 tho :p

Sure. Here's the link to the sleeve page. I used the sleeve kit they sell to estimate the right amounts... Enjoy!

http://en.mdpc-x.com/mdpc-sleeve/sleeve.htm

Here is mine.. PSU is TX750V2 now instead of CX on picture..

Attachments

• hack.jpg
    hack.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 321
I should post mine, but only as long as I don't have to show the insides as it is a complete work in progress as I received my Power Mac G5 case yesterday... Might take some piccies when work is finished...

It is very good to work inside and VERY quiet.

Funny you mention... I do have a G5 case sitting on my garage that I was planning to move this system into it... can you show pictures of the gut? :D

We have the same speakers set, btw... :D

Hey guys, nice topic!!

Here is my workstation, the cpu itself it`s really basic, just a X58A-UD3R i7 922 in a Haf 922 case so i didn`t took any shot of it.

But what i am to share it`s the 3 monitors setup. A Dell U2711 in the center, with 2 Dell P170S rotated on the sides, a really useful setup for design work, 17"+27"+17" all connected in one Radeon 6870.

It works perfectly well, the only problem is that i have a 42" TV that i tried to connect to the computer too, but i guess that the 6870 just handle 3 extended monitors, not sure about it but in windows i can`t make the 4 work together as well, only if i use the eyefinity but it doesn`t support rotation.

The system is really stable, i do a lot of work on it everyday.

Full Spec:
- X58A-UD3R Rev.1
- 16gb DDR3 1600Mhz
- Sapphire Radeon 6870
- 2x OCZ Vertex 2 SSD 120gb (one for MacOS and software, another for working files)
- Wacom Intuous 4 Wireless (bluetooth is really bad, a lot of slowmotion movements so i use it on cable all the time, but it works for apple keyboard and magic trackpad)
- 3d Connexion Space Explorer 3D Mouse (works flawlessly)
- Seagate GoFlex Pro USB3.0 (works vry well with the USB3 kexts)

Attachments

• IMG_3654.jpg
    IMG_3654.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 473
  • IMG_3655.jpg
    IMG_3655.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 473
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back